Unarchive On Instagram App For Android And iPhone
- Locate the multi-colored Instagram app icon on the home screen for iPhone and app drawer on android, or by searching.
- When you find the app icon, tap on it to get to your Instagram home if already logged in. If not yet, log in with your credentials.
- On your Instagram account homepage, tap on your profile icon or image located at the bottom right corner of the screen. Doing so will open your profile page.
- After that, tap on the menu icon resembling this ☰ found on the upper right corner. By doing so, a slide-out menu will appear on the screen.
- From the menu, tap on the “Archive” option. It’s an option with a clock symbol located just below the geared “Settings” icon. Doing so prompts a list of your archived stories to appear.
- Next, tap on the “Stories Archive” drop-down. By doing so, a drop-down with two options will appear. From the alternatives, you can tap on either “Stories archive” or “Posts archive.”
- With that done, tap on one of the images archived to display it with more details. With that done, your post together with its original comments will begin to load.
- Proceed by tapping on the three-dotted menu located at the top-left corner of your screen. Doing so will prompt a list to open.
- Finally, tap on the “Show on profile.” Doing so will unarchive the post and return it to its initial position.
How to Unarchive On Instagram Using A Computer
Due to the limited features of the browser version of Instagram.com, it’s not able to archive or access archived photos. However, that shouldn’t worry you since some programs can help you do that on Mac and Pc.
Unarchive Instagram Posts On PC
- Head to the Start menu of your computer and open Window Store.
- After that, go ahead and click on the search icon located on the upper right corner of the screen. Doing so prompts a search bar to appear.
- Having done that, type “Instagram” in the search field and hit on the “Enter” button on your keyboard to locate the Instagram app.
- In the list of apps that appears, click on the first option at the top (Instagram). Note that the app name is Instagram and the developer.
- Next, click on the blue “Get” button to download the app to your PC.
- Then, click on the “Install” button located above the app name. With that done, a progress bar will appear.
- Having done that, proceed and click on the blue “Launch” icon to get the app launched. Allow permission to various features when prompted. With that done, you’ll get to the Instagram login page.
- On the “Log In” page, click on the “Sign In” button centered at the lower part of the open window.
- Sign in using either your Facebook account or Instagram information. By doing so, you’ll get to your Instagram account homepage.
- With that done, go ahead and tap on your profile icon or profile image. This is located on the bottom right pane. Doing so prompts your profile page to open.
- After that, navigate to the upper right corner and click on the clock-like archive icon. It’s found next to the menu ☰ Doing so prompts your archived story to appear in a list.
- Having done that, click on the “Stories Archive” for a drop-down menu to appear. When the list opens, it displays two options: Stories archive and Posts archive.
- Click on the “Posts Archive.” Doing so prompts your archived posts to appear in a list.
- Now click on any of the images displayed to view it. By doing that, the selected post will load together with all its comments.
- After that, navigate to the top-right corner of the screen and click on the three-dotted icon. This opens a three-option menu.
Tap on the “Show on Profile.” This will get the post unarchived and restore to its previous position. And that’s much of it.
Unarchive Instagram Posts On Mac
Just like it is with unarchiving Instagram posts on PC, Mac requires a software program to allow you to view your archived posts and unarchive them. For this article, we’ll use Flume. However, it requires a small subscription fee. Ready to get started? Well, let’s jump to the steps.
- Using your favorite browser, head to https://setapp.com/apps/flume.
- Hit on the “Free Download” button located at the center of the page. By clicking on this, you’ll get the app for a 7-day free trial. After the free trial period ends, you will have to subscribe for $9.99 per month.
- Enter your information manually or use your Facebook account details to create an account.
- After that, click on the green “Continue” button to download the app launcher.
- After that, extract it by clicking on the “install-flume.zip” and then get it launched.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to get the Flume app installed on your Mac. Also, ensure to read all the terms and conditions before accepting.
- Find Flume from the application folder and launch it.
- Log in to your Flume account using your email or Facebook account.
- Next, click on the “View” tab located at the top of the screen, in the menu bar. Doing so will prompt a drop-down menu to appear.
- Scroll down the menu and select the “Profile” option. Doing so will prompt your Instagram profile to load.
- After that, click on the settings-like icon located on the top right corner of the screen. Doing so will prompt a drop-down menu to appear on the screen.
- Locate the “Archive” option from the drop-down menu and then click on it. With that done, a list of Instagram posts that were archived will appear.
- Tap on one of the images to view it. Doing that prompts the image to load together will all the previous comments. Alternatively, you can right-click on any of your archived posts and then click on the “Show on Profile.”
- Click on the “Show on Profile” option in the menu bar. Doing so will restore your post altogether with the original comments to the public view on its first place. And that’s pretty much of it.
Note: The above procedures might seem a bit lengthy, but they’re pretty easy to follow through. If you hit a snag in the course, you can start again fix the miss. Also, you can try using BlueStacks if you don’t find the two options discusses interesting.
How do I unarchive an Instagram post?
- 1 Go to your profile. Tap on the button in the lower right corner, where you usually see your feed as the account’s creator.
- 2 Tap Archive.
- 3 Click on Posts.
- 4 Choose the publication you want to unarchive.
How do you unarchive on Instagram 2020?
How do you unarchive Instagram photos 2021?
Can I unarchive a photo on Instagram?
How do I access my archived photos?
How do you unarchive an Instagram post on Iphone?
How do I retrieve an archived post?
How do I unarchive a photo?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- At the bottom, tap Library. Archive.
- Select a photo. Touch and hold to select multiple photos.
- Tap More. Unarchive.
How do I stop Instagram from archiving?
How do I change archive control settings?
- Go to your profile, then choose Settings.
- From there select Privacy, then Story.
- Here you will find all the setting related to Stories including “Saving” and “Sharing” controls.
- Slide the tab to turn “Save to archive” on or off.
Does the Wayback Machine work on Instagram?
How do you get back archived messages on Instagram?
Can I recover deleted Instagram posts?
Are Instagram messages deleted forever?
Can I recover a deleted Instagram story?
Where have my Instagram stories gone?
It looks like Instagram has been facing a bug that is seeing many users stories deleted before the 24 hours are up. Unfortunately, if your story was deleted it doesn’t look like it will be coming back (as of yet) unless Instagram can revert this issue.
Do Instagram stories disappear?
Ads by Google