Unblock On Instagram App For Android & iPhone
Method 1: Unblock an Instagram account through the profile tab
- Launch Instagram by tapping on the multicolored Instagram app icon. The Instagram app icon is located on the home screen for iPhone and iPad. For Android users, it’s located in the app drawer.
If you’re logged in, doing so will take you to your Instagram account homepage. If not yet logged in, you’ll get to the “Log In” page. At this point, you should log in using your username, phone, email, or Facebook account and a password to get to your account home.
- After that, tap on your profile picture or account tab located at the bottom-right of the screen. Doing so prompts your profile page to open.
- After that, navigate to the top-right corner of the screen and tap on the menu icon resembling a square with three horizontal lines (☰). As soon as you tap on the menu icon, a pop-up menu will appear on the screen.
- Next, navigate to the lower part of the screen and tap on the geared “Settings” icon located at the bottom center of the menu.
- After that, tap on the padlock-like “Privacy” icon. It’s the third option from the top of the list. By doing that, you’ll be taken to a new “Privacy” menu screen.
- On the privacy menu, navigate to the lower part of the screen and tap on the “Blocked Accounts” located under the “Connections” section. By doing that, a list of blocked accounts will appear.
- Tap on the account (name) that you’d wish to unblock. Doing so opens a new screen with a brief description of the account. Below the description, there are two tabs: “Unblock” on the left and “Message” on the right-hand side.
- Tap on the blue “Unblock” tab located at the bottom-left below the contact. Having done that, a pop-up confirmation message appears in the middle of the screen.
- Tap on the blue “Unblock” option in the confirmation pop-up. Now you’re the contact is unblocked. You can repeat the procedure above to unblock other accounts you previously blocked.
Method 2: Unblock an Instagram account through the search tab
- Locate the Instagram app on your smartphone and tap on it to open. If not yet signed in, use your credentials to log in to your account.
- Next, tap on the search tab located at the bottom left of the screen. It resembles a magnifying lens and located next to the house-like “home” tab. By doing so, a search field appears at the top of the screen.
- In the search bar, type in the name of the Instagram user that you’d wish to unblock. As you continue typing the name of the account, a list of accounts will continue to appear.
- Tap on the account you’d wish to block from the list. The account will open in a new screen, showing a brief description of the account.
- Finally, tap on the blue “Unblock” tab located below the account and tap the “Unblock” option in the confirmation pop-up. The user is now unblocked.
Method 3: Unblock an Instagram account on web
Looking for how to unblock on Instagram on a desktop computer? Well, we’ve got you covered. With the following steps, you can unblock the Instagram web without hassle. Ready to start? Well, let’s get to the steps.
- Heat to https://www.instagram.com/ using your preferred browser.
- Log in with your credentials if not logged in automatically.
- After that, click in the “Search” box located on the upper center of the screen.
- Type in the account name that you’d wish to unblock.
- Click on the user account that you wanted to unblock. Doing so prompts a new page with an unblock option to open.
- Next, click on the blue “Unblock” button located below the account description. By clicking on that option, a confirmation pop-up menu appears.
- Lastly, click on the “Unblock” option in the confirmation menu. If done with the steps above, you’re good to go.
What Happens When You Unblock Instagram
When you unblock the Instagram account that you had blocked, all the limitations associated with the ban will be lifted. Below are some of the facts that you should know.
- The user will be able to find you through the searches.
- The use will see your posts and stories.
- The unblocked user will be able to follow you again.
- They’ll still be able to send you direct messages.
Why can’t I unblock someone on Instagram?
How do you unblock someone on Instagram 2020?
How do I get unblocked from Instagram?
- Edit your Instagram Bio.
- Uninstall and reinstall Instagram on your cell phone. Note that you need to back up your information before uninstalling Instagram.
- And finally, the safest way is to be patient. Instagram itself will unblock you after a while.
How do you unblock on instagram if you both blocked each other?
Can I unblock someone who blocked me on Instagram?
Can I unblock someone who blocked me?
How do you unblock yourself on Instagram temporarily blocked?
- Report to Instagram. If you have been mistakenly doing something that caused a temporary ban on your Instagram account, you can report your case to the administration clicking the “Tell Us” or “Report” option.
- Stop for 2 days and resume on the 3rd.