In the current times, Instagram profiles having more following that followers are viewed as less popular as compared to those with more massive followers list.
And that’s why it can be pretty good to maintain your following list shorter than followers by unfollowing some accountsBelow are step-by-step guides.
How to Unfollow On Instagram Mobile App
Method 1: Unfollow on Instagram fast from the following tab
- Launch your Instagram app and log in to your account, as usual, using either an email address, phone, username, or Facebook, and a password. Doing this will take you to your Instagram account home.
- After that, tap on the profile tab located on the bottom right corner of the screen. Doing so will open your account page.
- Navigate to the “Following” tab located to the far right margin from your profile picture.
- Tap on the “Following” tab to view a list of accounts you’re following.
- If one of the accounts you want to unfollow appears on the first page of the lists, tap on the “Following” button next to the report. The button will turn blue “Follow,” and when you refresh the screen, you should notice the number of your following has dropped by one. That’s a clear proof that the account was indeed unfollowed.
Note: If your profile is set to private, tapping on the account you want to unfollow will prompt a box to appear. Finally, tap on the “Unfollow” button, and you’ll be done.
Method 2: Unfollow on Instagram fast from Instagram Profile
- Launch your Instagram app and log in to your Instagram account if not yet. If already logged in, you should get your account by one tap on the icon.
- After that, tap on the magnifying lens-like tab for “Search.” Doing so will prompt a search field to appear on the upper of the screen.
- Next, type in the name of the account you’d wish to unfollow. By doing that, a list of accounts associated with the keyword in the search bar.
- Tap on the account you’re searching for when it appears in the search result list below the search bar. Doing so displays the profile you want to unfollow.
- After that, tap on the “Following” drop-down button located below the profile on the left side. By doing that, a drop-down menu appears on the lower part of the screen.
- Finally, scroll down to the bottom of the menu and tap on the red “Unfollow” button. This will remove the Instagram account from your following.
Method 3: Unfollow on Instagram at once
Looking for how to unfollow mass at once? Well, we’ve made it pretty painless for you.
- Mass unfollow on Android
- Download and install InstaClean from their website since it’s not available in the Google Play Store.
- With that done, sign in to the app using your Instagram credentials. When logged in, all the accounts you’re following will be displayed.
- After that, tap on the accounts that you want to follow. By doing that, all the accounts you’ve selected.
- When through selecting the photos, tap on the check mark located at the top-right corner. This will unfollow all the selected Instagram accounts at once. And that’s it.
- Mass unfollow on iPhone & iPad
Unlike Android, “Cleaner for Ins “on iOS” is available in the App Store. The steps of unfollowing on Instagram using this app are more similar to that of Android.
How to Unfollow On Instagram Fast On PC
- On your favorite browser, head to instagram.com and login if not yet.
- When signed into your account, navigate to the upper left pane and click on your profile picture. Doing so opens your profile page.
- Navigate to the upper center pane and type in the name of the user you want to unblock. This will prompt a list of Instagram accounts to appear on the screen.
- Click on the name of the account to open the profile.
- Tap on the blue “Unblock” located on the right side of the username. By doing that, a confirmation pop-up message will appear.
- Click on the blue “Unblock” option. This will unblock the account and allow you to follow it again.
- Finally, click on the “Dismiss” at the bottom of the pop-up box to close the pop-up menu box.
How Many People Can You Unfollow On Instagram?
Even though there is no precise number of people that you can unfollow at a time, Instagram does not allow you to unfollow about 20-50 followers.
As you take on the unfollowing procedures, ensure to unfollow the account bit-by-bit to avoid being blocked for misuse.
How To Unfollow On Instagram Without Getting Unfollowed Immediately
There is no direct way of unfollowing without being unfollowed almost immediately. However, you can employ a strategy of unfollowing consistently and unnoticeably. How can you do that? Below are the tips.
- Keep it a secret.
- Start unfriending those accounts you followed earlier.
- Unfollow a handful of accounts once in two weeks to ensure it doesn’t raise suspicion.
With the above three tips, you can unfollow many accounts stealthily and achieve your goal.