Unlike the easy way of posting GIFs on Facebook and other platforms, posting a GIF on Instagram has never been such easy.
This is because you cannot upload the GIFs directly the way we do with videos and photosAs such, you’ll have to convert the GIF to.MP4 video format and reduce it to 15 seconds before postingBut that shouldn’t worry you much as we’ve made it easier for you through the following procedures.
Post a GIF On Instagram Feed
- Download and install the Giphy mobile app on your mobile phone.
- Launch the Giphy app and search for a GIF that impresses you inside the app.
- After that, tap on the image to highlight it.
- With that done, tap on the “Share” icon. It looks like a ‘papered airplane.’ Doing so will take you to a new page.
- Next, tap on the Instagram icon located below the GIF. Doing this prompts the Instagram device to open on your mobile.
- When your Instagram app opens, you’ll be prompted to add the GIF either on your “Story” or on “Feeds.”
- Tap on the “Feed.” If your video is in MP4 format and is no longer than 15 seconds, your GIF will be posted in the post section ready for captioning. You can add a caption and get it published.
Post a GIF On Instagram Story
For you to post a GIF to Instagram Story, you need a third-party app to get it done. Despite having other alternative apps such as Tenor, we still find Giphy way much better. It’s easy to use and has an expansive library. Since Instagram accepts GIF stickers in the story field of the photo-sharing app, we can get the process done effortlessly.
- With your Giphy app installed, open your camera and then tap on the smiley icon located on the upper part of the screen.
- Next, tap on the GIF, which in turn displays a database of GIF stickers that are searchable within the app. From the database, you can browse through the trendy stickers or search for a specific sticker using a particular keyword.
- When finding your favorite GIF, tap on the Instagram icon below the GIF. Doing so brings up two options.
- With that done, tap on the “Story” option. This prompts your MP4 GIF will get pasted in the story creation tools to allow you to make adjustments whenever possible. If you’d like to adjust the size of the image, you can pinch it using two fingers or use a finger to drag them around the picture. Also, you can add as many as you’d want on your picture.
- When done with that, tap on your story to get it posted.
Note: If you’d wish to post the image with the GIF stickers that posted on your story to your Feed, you have to save the image with the stickers. Also, the GIF should play for at least 3 seconds before it loops. If your GIF doesn’t play for more than 3 seconds, you’ll be notified that the GIF isn’t long enough to be posted to Instagram Feed.
Upload a GIF To Instagram From PC
- Launch your favorite browser, if not yet.
- Afterward, head to the URL bar and type in https://giphy.com/ or click on this hyperlink. Having done that, you’ll get to the Giphy website homepage.
- Search for your favorite GIF using the categories on the upper part of the screen or by typing a specific keyword in the search bar.
- When you get a GIF that impresses you, click on it to open. When the GIF opens, check for the Instagram icon on the lower right side of the GIF.
- After that, tap on the Instagram icon. If it’s the first time using Giphy, log in with the relevant details when prompted. You can log in using your username, email, or Facebook. When the login process is successful, you’ll get an email form.
- Fill in your email in the provided field and hit on the “Send Via Email” button located at the bottom of the GIF. By doing that, you’ll receive the MP4 version of the GIF in your email.
- Download the GIF on your PC or phone and upload it to your Instagram account, just the way you’d upload any other video. That’s it!