Metabolism is very important to have a healthy body. Increased or decreased metabolism increase our physic directly. Exercise positively impact our body metabolism by building more muscles and burning calories. But, If you want to know how you can boost your metabolism without doing exercise, here are the hacks.
- Adopt Active Life Style
If you do not want to indulge in stringent exercise, keep yourself active. By being active, you can burn more calories and at the same time will improve your metabolism. What you can do to adopt an active lifestyle are:
- Instead of taking someone’s else help to complete your daily work like washing your clothes, arranging your wardrobe, dusting your place, putting things at its place, taking your food, etc. Do everything self.
- Don’t remain in sitting posture for a long period of time. Rather spend more time standing. According to health experts internationally, sitting is new smoking. Your body spends very less energy when you remain in the sitting position. The standing poster, on the other hand, need our body to spend more calories.
- Wake up early morning and go to bed early. Take a simple walk if possible and if not, then engage yourself in cleaning your house.
- Change Your Eating Habit
You would be surprised to know that some foods help in increasing metabolism and some negatively impact it. Get a good knowledge about foodstuffs that boost metabolism and include the same in your daily meal. Some of the food that increases metabolism are,
- Each green and raw veggies. Green vegetables contain anti-oxidants, vitamins, and minerals in abundance. They are also low in calories. You can include these veggies in salad, meal or any other food. This will also add flavor to your food.
- Foods that are rich in fiber like broccoli, cauliflower boost metabolism as these foodstuffs contain fiber in complex form. Our body has to put lots of efforts in its digestion and thus more calories are burned.
- Protein also helps in improving metabolism when it is included in the meal logically. Plant proteins are always better than animal proteins.
- Add lots of water in your diet. Drinking a couple of glass of cold water is very helpful in improving metabolism. And drinking it in the morning time is the best. The science behind the same is when you drink cold water, your body will try to maintain your body temperature and in the process, it will burn calories and give work to your body tissues.
- Detox Your Body
Stress is something that you can’t avoid. It is a part of our life. We can’t avoid stress, but what we can do is cleanse our body and remove junk that stress accumulates in our body and let our body make fresh cells and tissues. There are various methods to detox our body like,
- There are many drinks available that help in cleansing our body from inside like green tea, drinks made from herbs, green coffee, mocha, etc.
- Spending a few minutes to detox the body is not a big thing that our body wants from us. If you are not willing to exercise daily, get a few minutes for yourself and do medication. This relaxes our body and gives it positive energy.
- Take a break from your work and spend some time relaxing with friends and a close one. Laughing is also a way to detoxify our body.
- Go for intermediate fasting. Fasting a day deeply cleanses our body and mind and make it healthy. You can observe fast once in a week, it also positively impacts our body metabolic rate.
- Add Spices in your Food
Just like veggies and grains, there are spices present that boost the metabolic rate of the body. The spices like chili, ginger, cayenne, etc have been used by people from past time to improve metabolism. There are many other spices present that help in improving the metabolic rate.
- Green cardamon, cumin also help in improving metabolic rate and can be consumed raw as well as in cooked form.
Take the help of nutrition experts or the internet to find out foods that help in boosting metabolism.