MYSQL workbench is available on a different platform
- MAC OS X
MYSQL workbench requires such a system to run smoothly. The minimum hardware required for this software to run smoothly.
- CPU: Intel Core or Xenon 3GHz (or Dual-core 2GHz ) or equal to AMD CPU
- Cores: Dual (Quad-core is recommended )
- RAM: 4 GB ( 6GB recommended )
- Graphics Accelerator: Nvidia or ATI with support of OpenGL 1.5 or higher
- Display resolution : Recommended 1024 * 768.
The following operating system is recommended for the MYSQL workbench.
- Window 7 ( 64-bit, professional level or higher )
- Mac OS X 10.6.1 +
- Ubuntu 9.10 ( 64 bit )
- Ubuntu 8.04 ( 32 bit/64 bit )
For convenience the following builds are also available:
- Windows XP SP3, Vista
- Mac OSX ( 10.5 and 10.6 ) Intel
- Ubuntu 8.04 ( i386/x64 )
- Ubuntu 9.04 ( i386/x64 )
- Fedora 11 ( i386/x64)
MySql workbench also has some general requirements which are given below.
- The Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework.
- Cairo 1.6.0 or later
- libxml -2.6
Starting MySQL Workbench
In MySQL workbench has the following command line option :
- admin instance – Launch MySQL workbench and load server instance specified.
- query connection –Launch MySQL workbench on your system and load the connection specified.
- model modelfile – Launch MySQL workbench and load the model specified.
- script– Launch MySQL workbench and run script specified.
- run code – Launch MySQL workbench on your system and execute the code snippet specified.
- quit – when – done – The code execution finishes quits the MySql workbench.
Installing MySql workbench on Windows
MySQL Workbench is installed by using the Windows installer ( .msi ) installation package. The MSI package bears the Name MySQL – workbench – win32. MSI, version indicates the MySql workbench version number.
Important Note: installing MySQL workbench using the installer requires either administrator or power user privileges. If we are using zip file without installation than we don’t need power user privileges. If we improve the MySQL installation wizard it depends upon us or user. If we find that MySQL has lacked some feature or we discover a mistake then we report it to our bug database.
- To install the MySQL workbench first right click on the MSI file and then go to install option from the pop-up menu or double click the file.
- You can choose custom installation in the setup type window. To use all feature of MySQL workbench chooses the complete option.
- MySql workbench will be installed in C by default but can choose as well.
Installing from the Zip file
If you have to face the problems running the installer as an alternative you can download the zip file without an installer. This file is called MySQL workbench – version –win32. zip. Using a zip utility, unpack it to the of your choice. You can also want create a shortcut on your desktop or the quick launch bar.
To install using the zip file, download the zip file to a specific location and decompress the file. You can place the resulting directory anywhere on your desktop. You don’t need to install the application before using it.
Installing MySQL Workbench on Linux
There are many types of MySQL workbench available for Linux. These include
- Fedora 10 amd64 ( RPM )
- Ubuntu 8.04 i386 ( DEB )
- Ubuntu 8.10 amd64 ( DEB )
In addition to the binary distribution, it is also possible to download the MySQL Workbench source code as a tar.gz or RPM package.
Check the MySQL workbench for the latest version.
The procedure of installing on Linux depends upon which Linux type that you are using.
Installing DEB packages
On Ubuntu and other systems that use the Debian package scheme, you can install the MySQL workbench using the following command such as:
$ Sudo dpkg – I package. deb
Note that package. deb will be the MySQL Workbench package, for example, MySQL – workbench – oss – version _ i386. deb: Where version means MySql workbench version number.
You may be warned that certain libraries are not available its depend upon what are you already using the MySql. You need to install the required libraries before installing the MySql workbench.
Installing the RPM packages
On Redhat – based system, and other systems using the RPM package format, MySQL Workbench can be installed by this command
shell > Sudo rpm – i package. rpm
Note that package. rpm will be the MySQL Workbench package, for example, MySQL – workbench – oss – version – 1fc10. x86 _ 64. rpm, and where version means MySql workbench version number.
Launching MySQL Workbench on Linux
Once MySQL workbench is installed it can be launch by selecting Application MySQL from the main menu.
MySQL workbench has been installed by using this command.
Shell > /user / bin / MySQL workbench –help
Installing Mysql workbench on MAC OS X
MySQL Workbench is available for OS X and is distributed as a DMG file. This file is named Mysql – workbench – oss – version – OSX 10 . 5 – i686. DMG, where version is the MySQL
Simply download the file if you want to install MySQL workbench on MAC OS X. Double click the download file you will be able to see the installation screen:
Drag the MySQL Workbench Icon into the application icon as instructed. MySQL workbench is now installed. You can launch the MySQL workbench from the Application folder.
Launching MySQL Workbench on MAC OS X
To launch MySQL workbench simply we open the application folder from the finder, then double click on the MySQL workbench.
It is also possible to launch the MySQL from this command line.
Shell > open MySQL workbench . app < model file >
A model file must be specified.
Uninstalling MySQL workbench on MAC OS X
If we uninstall the MySQL workbench from the MAC OS X, simply locate MySQL workbench in the application and right-click and then select. The application is installed.
How do I install MySQL?
- Extract the main archive to the desired install directory.
- Create an option file.
- Choose a MySQL server type.
- Initialize MySQL.
- Start the MySQL server.
- Secure the default user accounts.
How do I install MySQL on my laptop?
- Download the MySQL Installer from dev.mysql.com. The two download options are a web-community version and a full version.
- Run the installer that you downloaded from its location on your server, generally by double-clicking.