Relationships are fragile, if not taken care properly they are prone to falling apart. A healthy relationship is one of mutual trust and faith, love and individual and common growth, and if your relationship lacks in any of the above, then you must start watching out for the defects and try to fix it. Relationships do not break away in a day or a week; it is a gradual process.
- His/Her Behavior
A person’s behavior can reveal a lot about what is going on in their mind, and noticing that can make you understand about your partner’s role or stand in your relationship. If you see the following traits in your partner’s behavior, you must address the same.
- Constantly repeating things. If you constantly have to repeat the things you say, or plans that you make, this is a major sign indicating that your partner isn’t taking the plans or your words seriously that is he/she is not interested anymore.
- Gaining weight. If your partner has gained weight, except due to some health concern, then this is also a sign. Partners who are in a healthy relationship, no matter how comfortable with each other, always try to be and look their best. If your partner has stopped trying, then this can be a matter of distress for the relationship.
- Always cranky or moody. If your partner is always annoyed when together, or gets irritated or cranky with little things then something is not right.
- They like to stay out more or work overtime. If your partner has started staying out more, participating in more boys’ night out, or girls’ day out, or choose to work overtime instead of spending quality time with you, then it is a sign that maybe they are into the relationship as much anymore.
- The Collective Experience
A relationship is so much more about two people finding balance and living with each other, rather than just being together. A relationship acts as a gateway for all the troubles that the world might bring.
- The partner is that special person who chooses over all the other people they possibly could. In a relationship, a lot of activities are undertaken together, and if things do not go in the right way then this might also be a red flag.
- You don’t go out together like before. If every time you go out is to meet the family or hang out with friends or on double-dates, but the two of you alone never go out then this shows that you don’t enjoy spending time with each other anymore.
- Sex isn’t great anymore. Your sexual intimacy has decreased and encounters aren’t frequent anymore. Or even if you do have sex, it is not enjoyable but feels more like an obligation then this is bad for a relationship. Sex is a binding element that keeps close to each other, and tensions in a relationship can be most evidently seen by observing the couple’s sex life.
- You don’t do ‘your’ things together. Every couple has a few activities that they love doing with their partners, for example, dancing, cooking, watching a game or movies etc. But if you guys don’t do things anymore that you previously enjoyed doing together, then there is some problem.
- No future planning. One of the most important things a couple does is plan the future ahead, but if you don’t talk of your future with your partner, or if both of you shy away or are annoyed by the thought of planning a future together, then this surely a matter of concern.
How a certain situation is responded to say a lot about one’s attitude towards that situation. Similarly, how your partner responds to certain aspects of the relationship can say a lot about the nature of the same.
- They don’t enjoy hanging out with you and would rather do something else. They frequently choose going out with friends than staying together alone.
- Your cute habits aren’t cute anymore. The things they found cute about you earlier are now annoying and they are readily annoyed by the same.
- Arguments are escalated quickly and they do not shy away from personal attacks.
- Everything is readily agreed to. If you as a couple do not discuss things anymore, and they agree to whatever you say, or disagree with whatever decision you make then something is wrong. It is a sign that they do not care anymore about giving their contribution to decision making.
- Whenever alone, you guys need external stimulus or reason to be together, such as Netflix.
- Signs Outside the House
Your relationship isn’t working can be noticed not just inside but also outside of the four walls of the house. If you notice the following signs, there are chances these are because of your relationship has turned bad.
- You are always bored. If you feel that nothing is going right or nothing new is happening, then it shows the lack of growth. If you feel like you have nothing new or exciting to talk about when asked about your life, then something is wrong.
- You excessively fantasize about other people. If you find yourself constantly thinking about other people and not your partner, then it is maybe because they don’t excite or interest you anymore.
- They are more flawed. If you notice their flaws more as compared to their strengths and you speak poorly about them to others then maybe the relationship has turned toxic.
- Gestures. When outside the house, you are not special to someone anymore. They don’t hold you like before, don’t hang around much, aren’t engaged in the talks of your family or workplace, but would rather do it just for the sake of doing and can be found lurking in the corner with their cell phone or a drink in their hands.
- Future Ahead
A relationship is full of ups and downs, and sometimes when things are a bit rough, it is better to hold on than to let go, because to find someone that you tune in with is rare.
- If the relationships feel like the one full of blocks, where nothing seems to go right, maybe it is time to open up about the issues instead of neglecting them or brushing them off. Talking about your issues helps clear out the misunderstandings if any.
- Therapy. Individual or couple’s therapy is a popular option and a very successful one indeed. To have an expert guide you through the blocks and darkness is the right choice in this world where everything from work, to traffic, is a source of stress.
- Be vocal about things. This does not mean that you constantly bicker or argue, but if something puts you off, or irritates or affects you, do not shy away from letting the other person know. This opens up transparency in the relationship and lets your partner be more aware of preferences and choices.
- Compliment and support them. If you are going to voice your dissent, make sure you do the same when you love or admire something about them or their actions. Positive reaction to something makes that person want to work harder.
- Do Not Oversee this
Whatever has been mentioned above should be seen and noticed not only in your partner’s behavior but also in yours.
- If you are annoyed, irritated or disinterested all the time, and cannot seem to appreciate your partner, their efforts or your relationship then maybe it’s not the relationship but you that need attention.
- In case both of you feel the same way, it is better to cut off the ties before everything turns toxic and the experience becomes nothing but a source of bitterness and irritation.Do not hold on for the sake of good old times, if the future isn’t visible.
- No More Physical Compatibility
You will know that there is nothing mires left in your relationship when you feel that the spark or physical intimacy among the both of you is not there anymore.
- A healthy sex life is important for both your desires and libidos, if you don’t find yourself with that spark or your partner willing to go for it, then it is a definitive problem.
- When your intimate life has gone from exciting and fun to simple and dull, it means that your relationship is at the verge of fritz.
- A physical need is supposed to be fulfilled excitingly, with lack of it both of you won’t have desires for each other.
- Work-related stress or the birth of a new baby might also lead to some of these signs.
- Communication is essential and advised. Talk about things, good and bad. Understand each other and their respective positions.
- In mental conditions they are not something to be ashamed of.
Never hold their past or any trauma against them to prove your position or win a fight, as this only increases toxicity and might do some irreparable damage to the relationship.