LinkedIn is an excellent resource for professionals. It allows you to connect and network with other professionals in your field. But just like any social media site, you will want to make sure that you log in and out of your LinkedIn profile successfully. Follow these simple tips to ensure that you are logged in and out properly.
Logging into LinkedIn on a computer
- Go to www.linkedin.com
- Select the “Sign In” button. It can be found at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- You will be prompted to enter your email or phone number that you used when you joined LinkedIn, as well as the password that you created.
- Click the button that reads “Sign In” and you will be taken to your LinkedIn dashboard.
Tip: If you have forgotten your password, you can click the link that reads “Forgot Password?” and you will be able to recover your account and reset your password.
Logging into LinkedIn on a mobile device
- Open the LinkedIn app on your phone or mobile device. It appears as a blue box with the word “in” written in white.
- Tap the button that reads “Sign In”.
- Enter the email or phone number that is associated with your LinkedIn profile, as well as the password that you created.
- Tap the “Sign In” button and you will be taken to your LinkedIn dashboard.
Logging Out of LinkedIn on a Computer
- Click your profile photo. It can be found in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Open the dropdown menu.
- Select “Sign Out”. Once you click that button, you will navigate away from your profile and dashboard, and you should receive a notice that lets you know that you have been successfully logged out.
Logging Out of LinkedIn on a phone or mobile device
Step 1: Open the “Settings” tab. It appears as a gear icon.
Step 2: Scroll to the bottom of the settings list.
Step 3: Tap the selection that reads “Sign Out” to successfully sign out of the LinkedIn app.
Tip: Whether you are using the iOS or Android version of the app, the instructions are the same.
Things to keep in mind:
- It is important to log out of your LinkedIn profile when you are not using it.
- Your profile might contain personal information, or information that you do not want others to access without your permission.
Logging out successfully when you are finished using LinkedIn is a way to protect your information.
How do you sign out of LinkedIn?
- Tap your profile picture.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out at the bottom of the screen.
What happens when you sign out of LinkedIn?
How do I logout of all devices on LinkedIn?
Can I temporarily deactivate LinkedIn?
How can I hide my LinkedIn profile without deleting it?
- Click the “Me” icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click “View Profile“, and then “Edit public profile & URL” on the right side of your profile.
- Under the “Edit Visibility” section on the right side, toggle “Your profile’s public visibility” to “Off“
How do I hide my LinkedIn profile from certain contacts?
Can I see who blocked me on LinkedIn?
Can a blocked person on LinkedIn see my profile?
Can I block my boss on LinkedIn?
Why is my boss looking at my LinkedIn?
How can I use LinkedIn without my employer knowing?
- Under “Settings & Privacy,” select: “How others see your LinkedIn activity. “
- Select profile viewing options to choose to be public, semiprivate with general details of your industry, or private.
How do I hide my activity on LinkedIn 2020?
Can others see my activity on LinkedIn?
How do you delete an activity on LinkedIn?
To delete an activity from the activities page:
- On the Activities page, tap on More icon to the right of the Posts you want to delete.
- Tap Delete article and post from the dropdown.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
Who can see my LinkedIn activity?
How do I manage my activity on LinkedIn?
How do I make my LinkedIn activity private?
- Click Settings & Privacy under the Me icon.
- Scroll to How others see your LinkedIn Activity and click Change next to Profile Viewing Options.
- Choose Private Mode.
Ads by Google