How to Lose Weight Fast Without Exercise and Diet
- The first step for any weight loss regime is to muster up the motivation of losing weight. The best motivating factor is thus to know why you want to lose weight. Know the purpose, and the journey becomes easy.
- Highlight the purpose everyday – by placing up pictures where you can see them most. For example, do you want to lose weight to fit into the wedding dress of your dreams? If that is so: stick a picture of the dress at your fridge door or mirror, so that you are reminded of it every day. If you want to lose weight to gain fitness; stick up your fitness goals (like running a marathon, cycling around the city, etc.) instead.
- Purchase a weighing machine if you don’t have one already – this step is crucial. It is imperative to track your weight and change in weight every day. This establishes a trend, and a downward weight trend is always one of the best motivators.
- Reduce the size of your plate. People are usually inclined to consuming all food that they pour on their plates. Thus, using plates of a smaller size for your everyday foods can be of major help in reducing unnecessary eating. There are also portion control plates available in the market to be purchased.
- Switch to healthier eating. It is important to opt for lesser sugars and carbohydrates, and more proteins instead for an energy-sufficient and wholesome diet to lead you through the journey of weight loss.
What changes should you make to your diet?
- Ditch the fruits. Fruits have carbs and sugars, and thus enhance weight. If you still want to consume some, you can have Avocados or tomatoes.
- Switch to healthy drinks. This means you need to put the sodas, fizzy drinks and sugary juices at the backend. Even a diet soda doesn’t work well because they usually contain artificial sweeteners which lead to weight gain. Water is the best drink for you.
- Reduce white carbs. Bread, potatoes, rice, pasta all result in weight gain. Thus, to generalize, skip eating white-hued carbohydrates.
- Begin your day with a protein-heavy breakfast. It is commonly said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This certainly holds true. With a heavy breakfast, youremain energized throughout the day and do not feel hungry any time soon.
- Chew your food more. When you chew your food thoroughly while eating, the process of digestion begins, and the meal also gets prolonged. The longer the duration of the meal and the more you chew, the more time your body has to register when it has become full and doesn’t want food anymore.
- Create a food journal. If you continue to write whatever you eat regularly, this is bound to result in mindful eating – which reduces unnecessary binge-eating.
Make this your routine and continue to track changes in weight every day. Soon, your weight will begin reducing and you will feel getting closer to your aim of desired weight loss.
How to Lose Weight Fast for Kids
Losing weight as children is a difficult feat. In the age of growing muscles and height, there is the need for nutrient-rich foods. Ditching any healthy item unnecessarily can thus be a source of concern for the future. Therefore, the technique of quick weight loss for kids is a bit different:
- If you think your child needs to lose weight, give the pediatrician a visit. The doctor can better guide you with how much weight is adequate for a child of their age, and what weight needs to be lost.
After this, your child will have a purpose and goal in place to begin with their fast weight loss.
- Begin with switching their beverages. Ditch the soda and juices for water. Or a better yet replacement for children would be no-fat/low-fat milk (since fat results in weight increase).
- Their mornings should include a wholesome breakfast with whole grains and protein. These energize them for the eventful day ahead: school, playtime, etc.
- Lose the candies and chips for healthier alternatives. Switch to making them eat fruits and vegetables instead. A bowl of freshly chopped carrots or apple slices. Or better yet, give them something special for snack break such as frozen yoghurt-dipped berries. Berries are good fruits, while yoghurt works wonders for weight loss!
- Place the unhealthy snacks on top shelves and behind healthier things. For example, sugary cereal placed far back in a cupboard, out of the reach of children. If the junk food is out of sight, it will not be long before it is ‘out of mind’.
- Cut down on taking your kids out for meals. Reduce visits to fast food joints and restaurants to a once in a week or two weeks instead.
- Encourage your child to perform some activity, rather than sitting inside the house playing video games, etc. The child could go out to play, exercise, go cycling near the house. The ideas are unlimited. This exercise of the body not only prevents otherwise unnecessary junk food-bingeing if playing a video game, but also burns calories.
Manage the diet and activity level of your child, and they will begin to lose weight in no time.