Creating art by folding paper (like origami) is a relaxing past time that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Typically, one of the easiest paper art that everyone learns is how to make an airplane or a boat. Although creating these forms are fun, they don’t usually have a practical use in real life.
One of the easiest paper art to learn is folding paper cup. A single sheet of paper can turn into a decoration, a temporary container, and more. In this article, we will show you the easiest method of creating a paper cup you can use. The paper cups made by this method can hold a small amount of liquid.
Five great usages of paper cups
Even a simple paper cup has a lot of utilities. There are a lot of ways to use paper cups practically and creatively. Here are just some of its potential usages.
- Gift-Wrapping – You can use paper cups made with colorful paper to wrap items like candles, mugs, and more. Tie a ribbon on top, and you’re ready to go.
- Temporary Plant Pot – This method has already been used by a lot of farmers and gardeners all over the world. Usually, they use newspaper pots for seed starting or transferring cuttings to another place.
- Decorations – You can also decorate your home or your working space with cute miniature paper cups. Decorated paper cups are often used to house fake plants and pebbles for their aesthetic appeal.
- Miniature Containers – Its snack time, but you don’t have any containers to use for your finger foods. Get a sheet of paper and fold to paper cups for convenient disposable miniature containers. You can also use it to organize your office items (for paper clips, pens, erasers, and more).
- As A Cup – Depending on the kind of paper you’ll use, paper cups can be durable enough to hold a small amount of liquid. When you don’t have any other choice, you can use paper cups to hold liquid and drink several times. Proceed below to learn how to create the easiest paper cups.
How to create paper cups?
- Fold your paper into a triangle.
Start by folding your paper to a triangle. Get one corner of the sheet and fold it similarly to the picture. It should leave you with an excess rectangle on edge.
- Fold the excess paper into the triangle.
Now, flip your paper and fold the excess to the triangle. Make sure that you would not over-fold the paper beyond the triangle. Fold it properly to get a better and more symmetrical shape.
- Remove the excess paper to form a square.
Cut the excess paper to form a perfectly symmetrical square. You can use a pair of scissors or cut it by hand if tools aren’t available. Press down the paper fold using the tip of your fingertips and tear the paper slowly. You can step 1-3 if you have a perfectly-shaped square.
- Fold the square in half to form a triangle.
Fold the triangle into half again to form a triangle. All the corners should match one another. Lousy folding in this part can affect the shape of the cup. If it doesn’t have equal sides, the form of the paper cup will be uneven.
- Fold one side of the triangle to form a kite.
Use any side of the triangle (except the top side) to form a sort-of kite-shaped paper. The shape does not perfectly match a kite, but close enough. Please match the tip to the edge of the paper and fold it properly.
- Do this with the other side to form a pentagon.
Fold the other side of the triangle, also matching the tip to the edge of the paper. By now, you should have a pentagon-shaped result. This is why a perfectly-shaped square is needed. If the paper is not a perfect square, the folds on each side will not be symmetrical.
- Fold the upper triangle into the body.
There should be two flaps of triangles on top of the pentagon-shaped paper. Fold both flaps on each side of the pentagon. Do not fold the two flaps in the same direction. Once you’re done, the paper should look like a pentagon, but without the triangle on the top.
- Pry the insides open and expand the space inside
Open the insides of the cup to expand the main space. This is where you can put the content of your choice. You can reuse it for any dry objects such as finger food or office supplies. The weight of the object will stabilize the shape of the cup.
If you’re going to put liquid inside of it, make sure that it’s only a small amount. You cannot refill it again and should be used immediately.
- Flatten up the base to form the paper cup
Last but not least, flatten the base of the paper cup so it can stand on a flat surface. Use your finger to flatten the bottom and give it the shape of a cup. Please give it a little press downward while also pushing the walls on the side. And that’s it; you have made a simple paper cup that you can use for less than a minute.
How do you make a simple paper cup?
- Fold the paper in half upwards to make a triangle.
- Fold the top corner down so that the edges meet, and unfold after making a line.
- Fold the corner up so its tip meets the edge of the paper at the line you made.
- Fold the top flap down toward you.
- Open the top and you have a cup ready to hold water!
Which paper is used for making paper cup?
The outer layer of a paper cup, i.e. the wall, is made of paperboard. This layer provides heat retention and insulation properties. In practice it keeps the beverage hot as long as possible, while still not being too hot to carry around comfortably. For cold drinks, a single wall is enough.
How do you cut paper to fit a cup?
How do you make paper cup crafts?
How do you make homemade paper?
How do you make a phone with a paper cup and string?
Can you use yarn for Cup phones?
Do paper cup phones really work?
What kind of string do you use for a cup phone?
A paper cup phone requires two cups, a length of inelastic string, thread or fishing line, two paper clips and a pencil or sewing needle.
Can you make a string telephone with plastic cups?
2 plastic or paper cups – a tin can works great too. String (you can experiment with different lengths)
How do you make a real phone?
How do you make a mobile phone for a school project?
Can string phone?
Do cans and string really work?
What happened to the sound you produced from one empty cans of your makeshift telephone?
How do you make a soup can telephone?
Ads by Google