With many easy ways to make candy at home, there are options as well for making chewing gum. It is known to provide beneficial exercise to your gums freshens breath and can have medicinal effects on your teeth, gum, and throat.
Here are five easy steps to follow for making chewing gum at home:
Gather the Ingredients
There are differently flavored gums you can make; here are the ingredients you need to make classic flavored gum:
- 3/4th cup of powdered sugar
- 1/3rd cup of gum base
- 3 tablespoons of corn syrup
- 5 drops of flavoring
- 1 teaspoon of glycerin
- ½ teaspoon of citric acid
These ingredients can be found at stores that have candy supplies or buy them from online retailers.
Heating the Ingredients
You need to combine corn syrup, gum base, citric acid, and glycerin and gum flavoring in a double boiler. Turn the burner on medium high heat when you place the boiler on the stove top; as the mixture gets heated you need to stir with a spoon till it becomes gooey and warm.
Take another pot, fill it with water a few inches from the bottom and put on medium heat. This needs to be made into a second boiler with a second pot that can be placed inside the larger pot. In the second pot place the ingredients besides sugar and stir well as the temperature rises.
Creating a Sugar Well
Create a well with a hole of the pile of powdered sugar after keeping a tablespoon aside. Pour in the melted gum base into the well.
Make a Dough
The mixture needs to be kneaded after dusting fingers with powdered sugar; the dough should be kneaded till all the sugar has mixed in and it doesn’t feel sticky but smooth and pliable.
Roll out the Dough to Finish
Once the dough is done press down with the hands palm down; roll it out into a long and thin in the shape of a rope; it can then be cut out into pieces or neat squares. Dust with sugar powder and place in wrappers to finish.
Can you make chewing gum at home?
What is chewing gum made out of?
How do you make natural gum?
Is gum chewing in class illegal?
Why do schools ban chewing gum?
- 1/2 cup beeswax (make sure it’s food grade)
- 1 cup powdered sugar.
- 3 tablespoons honey.
- Peppermint or cinnamon extract.
Why do schools not allow hoods?
Why do schools not like hoodies?
Why can’t students wear ripped jeans?
How do you eliminate time in class?
How do I get my teacher to shut up?
How can I pass 5 minutes in class?
- Set aside a time to write in your journal or blog every day, such as in the morning for 30 minutes or right after school each day.
- Setting up a blog is easy with sites like WordPress and Blogger, but it will take up some time so it is a great way to make time go more quickly.
What can I teach in 5 minutes?
- Stop looking at the clock.
- Create a predictable routine.
- Achieve flow.
- Break time down into blocks.
- Split your least pleasant tasks.
- Put something on in the background.
- Do things you genuinely enjoy.
- Practice a mental challenge.
Ads by Google