Just by using some scraped items in your home your kid can make a nice good looking robot toy. What you need is just a few things from your kitchen or dressing table like used plastic cases and stuff. Hand it over to them and teach them to make a nice robot DIY way. It is simple and fun.
Get the Resources
Here is a list of items that you will need to start this lesson.
- First, get some plastic case like a bucket or a tumbler, it may be a cereal box or tiffin box. Anything that is like a cube or cuboids works great.
- Second, you will need the caps of two pet bottles.
- You will definitely need some glue to stick things together. To be able to make them run and crawl, you will need two motors.
- If you do not know, ask your parents.
- These are very cheap and inexpensive things that you can get for less than a dollar.
- You will need tape to fix them on a surface like plastic here.
- Double-Sided Foam tape is a great option here.
- Then, you will need AA-size batteries for sure. A couple of them from Duracell would be great.
- You can also use a small switch to turn the power on and off.
- A few wires are that conduct electricity. A meter in length is just fine.
- Then, you need wheels that the robot can run on.
- For the long run, you can also use 9V batteries. These are the blue and white ones on Amazon.
- Alternatively, you can buy a complete kit on Amazon for a DIY robot too.
Start with the Manual or Follow the Below Steps
- The first thing is to take the glue and paste the two caps of bottles on the plastic box. These are the eyes of your robot. You can think of the face of the robot on any side and do that. The right and the left side will have the wheels.
- The wheels will need two holes on the right side to run. In a simple case, you can simply stick them all on the sides. So, first, take the motors and stick a wheel to the rotating rod, each motor.
- Every motor comes with two wires. Place your wires one on the + and – sign of your battery each, and you can see the wheel turning. This means your robot is ready to run or crawl now.
- The next thing is to stick the motors with the help of double-sided foam tapes on the surface of the plastic case. The right and left sides must be flat for them to stick properly. You can put a layer of tape too, but it can come in way of the wheels, so double-sided foam tape is better.
- The next thing is to use the switch. The switch comes with two holes, to connect two wires. The motors usually have two colors of wires. Lets us take, they are red and yellow. So, ask the help of your parents or just try to join the two wires together. The red with red of the other and the yellow of both motor together. This means when you connect the red to + and yellow to -, both the motors will turn together.
These two wires can be connected to the battery when you want it to move. Use the foam tape to stick the battery on the plastic case too. Connect the red and yellow wires to the switch, one at each end. When you turn on the switch, the robot moves now.
How do you start a robot for kids?
- Just make the light on the Arduino blink.
- Spin a single motor.
- Read from your sensors and play with them – use Microsoft Excel to generate a calibration curve.
- Combine the sensors and motor code to do what you desire.
How can I make a simple robot?
- Step 1: Get the Tools and Materials You Need Together. Alright, I get it.
- Step 2: Assemble the Chassis. A chassis is the “skeleton” that holds a robot together.
- Step 4: Mount the Breadboard.
- Step 5: Modify and Mount the Battery Holder.
- Step 6: Mount the Power Switch If You Are Using One.
- Step 7: Wire It Up.
What materials do you need to make a robot?
- Steel. Steel is one of the materials used most often by robot builders.
- Biodegradable ‘smart’ materials.
Is building a robot hard?
Can I learn robotics on my own?
How do I make an AI?
- Identify the problem.
- Prepare the data.
- Choose the algorithms.
- Train the algorithms.
- Choose a particular programming language.
- Run on a selected platform.
How do you make a human robot at home?
- Step 1: Making a Head and Body Frame. Tool and material.
- Step 2: Mking a Leg. Fisrt draw the model of foot coustumaize with the size of robot would you make.
- Step 3: Making a Hand and Griper.
- Step 4: Merge All Part and Finishing.
- Step 5: More Robot Made From Same Material Pvc Water Pipe and Scraps.
How do you make a robot head?
How do you make a life size robot?
How do you make a biped robot?
- Step 1: Making. Let’s start by assembling our biped.
- Step 2: Connections. ake the connections as shown in the figure:
- Step 3: Code. Upload the following code to evive:
- Step 4: Logic. The bottom two servos attached to the feet are used for the movement of the feet.
- Step 5: Conclusion.
How do you make a humanoid robot walk?
What is animatronic hand?
What is quadruped robot?
How do you make a quadruped robot?
- Step 1: List of Materials. Arduino Mega (with optional proto shield)
- Step 2: Robot Construction. Leg assembly is illustrated in the photos above.
- Step 3: Forward Movement.
- Step 4: Left Turn, Right Turn, Reverse.
- Step 5: Autonomous Movement.
- 1 Person Made This Project!
- 19 Comments.
Why are bipedal robots difficult?
Ads by Google