Creating a screen shot on a Mac computer is very easy, but there are numerous ways to do it. This article will list some of the most effective ways to do this. Taking a screen shot can be useful when you want to document something important on your computer.
Taking a Whole Screenshot
If you want to take a screen shot of your entire screen, all you have to do is press Command, Shift and the number 3 at the same time. This will take a picture of whatever screen you are currently on. It is probably the easiest way to capture your whole screen.
If you just want to take a screen shot of a certain window on your screen, you will need to do the following.
- Hold down Command, Shift and the number 4. Press the space bar.
- Immediately after you do this and you will see your cursor transform into a camera icon.
- Simply hover over the window you want to capture until it turns grey.
- Just click on whichever window you want to take a screenshot of.
Sometimes you will be in a situation where you only want to capture a very specific area of your screen. This could be part of an image you are viewing on your computer or something else entirely.
- First you will need to press Command, Shift and the number 4 at the same time.
- After you have done this, you will see a marquee selection tool show up on the screen.
- Simply click and drag the area you want to capture to highlight it. Once you release, this area will save directly to your desktop.
Copy to Clipboard
If you want to take a screenshot to copy and paste really quick, there is a simple way to do that.
- Hold down Command, Shift and Control.
- Press the number 3 right after you have done this.
- The screenshot will be copied to your clipboard as opposed to the desktop. You can hold down on Command and V when you want to paste the screenshot.
The Preview application will provide you with another effective way to take a screenshot on your Mac computer.
- First you will have to launch the application.
- Navigate to the File drown down menu and hover over “Take Screenshot”.
- Select Capture a Screenshot of a Selection, Window, or Entire Screen. Just consider what exactly you want to take a screenshot of.
- After you have taken the screenshot, you will see it as a preview.
- You may change the default PNG format of the picture to a PDF, JPEG or something else entirely.
Full Page Screen Capture
If you want to capture a whole webpage that you visit for any reason, you just have to follow a few basic steps.
- Download the Full Page Screen Capture extension for Chrome. You can find it at the Chrome web store for free.
- Once it is installed, you will see its camera icon in the upper right corner of each page you visit.
- When you want to take a screenshot of a certain page, just click on the icon.
- You will be given the option to save the screenshot as a PNG ort other type of file.
If you ever want to capture a menu on your Mac computer, just follow these steps.
- Click on the menu to show all of its contents.
- Hold down on the Shift, Command, and number 5 buttons on your keyboard while the menu is up.
- The screenshot will be saved to the desktop and you can decide which format you want to save it as.
Capture Touch Bar
If your Mac has a Touch Bar and macOS Sierra 10.12.2 or later and you want to take a screenshot, you will need to do the following.
- Hold down on the Shift, Command, and number 6 buttons to capture whatever is being displayed on the Touch Bar.
- The screenshot will appear as a .png file on your desktop.
- You will have the option of changing the format of the file afterwards if you want.
- If you want to change where your screenshots are saved to, simply click “Options” in the onscreen controls. You will also be able to decide when the screenshot is taken if you are using the timer. You have the option of setting it for 5 seconds or 10 seconds after you select the capture option. There is also an option for showing the mouse pointer in the screenshot.
How do you make a screenshot on Mac?
- To take a screenshot, press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 3.
- If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen, click it to edit the screenshot. Or wait for the screenshot to save to your desktop.
How do I take a screen shot?
- Press the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
- If that doesn’t work, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. Then tap Screenshot.
- If neither of these work, go to your phone manufacturer’s support site for help.
Where are my screenshots Mac?
Why can’t I see my screenshots on Mac?
Why won’t my screenshots save on Mac?
Do screenshots automatically save Mac?
How do I stop screenshots going to my desktop Mac?
What is the shortcut to change a screenshot on a Mac?
How do you take a screenshot on a Mac without a command button?
You can also take a screenshot using the Preview app. Just launch the app using the Finder “Go” > “Applications” method (seen above), or by using Launchpad. When Preview opens, click the “File” menu and select “Take Screenshot.” Tell your apps to say cheese!
Is there a snipping tool on Mac?
How do you zoom out on a Mac?
- Zoom in. To zoom in, press these three keys together: Option, Command, and Equals sign (=).
- Zoom out. To zoom out, press these three keys together: Option, Command, and Minus sign (-).
- Toggle zoom.
What is Apple’s snipping tool called?
How do I use the Snipping Tool on my computer?
What is a snipping tool on a computer?
How do I take a screenshot on my Windows computer?
How do you take screenshots on laptops?
Ads by Google