Slime is one of the most entertaining and satisfying thing every. Children as well as adults are found to find utmost pleasure and satisfaction playing with slime. The best thing about slime is that you can make it at home as well. There are tons of recipes on the internet that will teach you how to make slime but almost all of them contain borax. The issue with borax is that there have been several reports that indicated skin burns because of borax.
Below is a safe and fool proof guide on how to make slime without using borax.
What you’ll need:
Before you begin the fun process, it is wise to gather all the ingredients in one place. You can get done with the process without any hassle this way.
When you try to make slime without borax you will have to find a substitute for it. The good news is that there are tons of other ingredients that you can use instead of borax. Hence in this recipe, we will be substituting borax with saline solution.
This saline solution can be easily found in the form of contact lenses solution. It is easily found at pharmacies. You will need the following things for your homemade slime:
- Washable glue (There are lots of brands of washable glues available) 4 ounces
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
- Saline solution 2-3 tablespoons
- Glitter (optional) 1/4th cup
- Food coloring (optional) 1-2 drops
- Table cloth
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring spoon
- Container or a jar for the finished product
You can start your process once you’ve got all the ingredients and equipments in one place.
The process can be a little messy so for that take some measures to avoid cleaning later on. The first thing you can do is spread a spare table cloth on the table you will work on. Make sure that it covers the space where you will be putting your bowl.
Firstly, keep in mind that this is an optional step. If you don’t want to color your glue, you can just skip ahead. Those of you who want to do it can keep reading. Take a bowl and pour your glue into it. Add 1-2 drops of your desired food coloring and mix it. f you want to make it fancier, you can simply add some glitter in it as well.
Second, gradually add the given amount of baking soda into your glue mixture. Keep mixing as you add. Continue the process of stirring once all of it is added. Keep stirring the solution until it is all smooth. Make sure there are no lumps in it.
Thirdly, the contacts lenses step. Since we are making slime without borax, we have found a substitute for it which is safe and easily available. You are almost done, don’t worry! Add around 2 tablespoons of saline solution which is the contact lens solution in your mixture. Keep stirring as you add. You will see that there are strings in the mixture once you’re done stirring it. Don’t overdo the amount of saline solution. You can increase the quantity if you decide to take on more than 4 ounces of glue. For two bottles of glue, or 4 ounces, 2 tablespoons of saline solution is the perfect amount.
Keep mixing the solution until it hardens. As you mix it with your mixing spoon, you will note that it is now able to form shapes. Keep mixing and soon it will form the shape of a ball.
At last, you have a ball of slime in your possession. Take it out and knead it with your hands. Keep kneading it to check its consistency and stickiness. If the slime is extra sticky, you can add half a tablespoon of more contact lens solution. Once again, mix it well after you’ve added the extra solution. This will help in making sure that your slime doesn’t fall apart and is consistent.
And voila! Your homemade borax free slime is ready. You can pour the slime in a container or jar. You can also play with it right after making it!
What can I use instead of Borax for slime?
How do you make easy slime?
How do you make slime without borax 4 ways?
How do you make 3 ingredient slime without borax or glue?
1 cup washable school glue. 1 teaspoon baking soda. 2 to 3 tablespoons of contact or all-purpose solution.
How do you make slime with 2 ingredients?
How do you make slime with 3 ingredients?
- (4-ounce) bottles washable school glue, such as Elmer’s (see note for variations)
- 1 to 2 drops. liquid food coloring (optional)
- glitter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon. baking soda.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons. saline solution (i.e., contact lens solution), divided.
How do you make slime with one ingredient?
How do you make fluffy slime with 3 ingredients?
- Place glue in a plastic bowl. If you’re adding food coloring, add it now until desired color is reached.
- Add saline solution and mix until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of shaving cream. The more you add, the thicker it’ll be.
- Stir until you can no longer stir and then kneed with your hands.
How do you make fluffy slime with 2 things?
- Put 1/2 cup shampoo and 1/4 cup of cornstarch in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add 3 drops of food coloring (optional).
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and stir. Slowly add 5 more tablespoons of water, stirring well after each one.
- Knead the slime for around 5 minutes.
How do you make slime with just lotion?
How do I make fluffy slime at home?
How do you make slime with just glue?
- Step 1: Add glue. Add about 1 cup (8 ounces) of glue to your mixing bowl.
- Step 2: Add baking soda. Pour in about 1 tablespoon of baking soda and blend it with the glue.
- Step 3: Add color.
- Step 4: Add contact lens solution.
- Step 5: Mix.
- Step 6: Watch the transformation.
- Step 7: Presto, slime!
How do you make slime with just toothpaste?
How do you make slime with dish soap?
- Add 3 tablespoons of green colored dish soap to a bowl.
- Mix in 4 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Stir the mixture well until it reaches a doughy consistency that is hard to stir.
- When the dish soap slime is done, it will be a cross between silly putty and traditional oozing slime.