Notice: Undefined variable: new_content in /home/howto/public_html/wp-content/themes/puma_theme/content-single.php on line 14
With the improvement of technology, electronics too are getting advanced. Many television companies globally are coming up with new television types. The new models look trendier and more sophisticated that are more integrated and sophisticated.
Perhaps you are one of those getting tired of your old television. Maybe you wish to upgrade and buy a new TV with updated features. Since you’ll own a new device, you’ll require a new display setting for the TV. Furthermore, you’ll begin wondering how to measure its screen to fit it in your living room perfectly.
How to Measure Your TV
- Position the measuring stick or the tape measure on the bottom left corner of your TV’s edge. Make sure you measure where the TV edge starts from, which includes the plastic frame or bevel.
- With that done, extend the tape measure to the bottom right side corner of the edge, directly across the TV’s base.
- Now measure the two corners and then record them. Do the same thing from the top to the base corners of your TV. The two measurements together give you the length and width of the whole gadget.
That how to measure a TV. But here are essential tips you need to understand while measuring your TV.
- Make sure you concentrate on the units you will be using. You don’t want to measure the TV in centimeters rather than inches.
- Use one side of the measuring stick. Some of them are a bit thicker, and if you decide to switch between the left and right side, it can end up adding more inches to the screen.
How to Measure a TV Screen
- Measure it Diagonally
This is the initial step you need to do when you want to measure your TV’s screen. Please make sure you confirm it advertised measurement through measuring its screen from one corner to the other. Begin with one end of your tape measure on the upper left screen corner then stretch it to the lower right corner.
As you place the tape measure on the screen, make sure you only measure the screen. Don’t touch on the frame or the bezel.
Performing the diagonal screen measurement provides you with the advertised dimensions by the manufacturer. The most common TV sizes based on the diagonal measurements include 60 inches, 48 inches, 42, inches, 32 inches, 28, and 24 inches.
- Measure the width
Do this by running the tape measure horizontally from one side to the other to get the width measurements. Begin by taking the measurements from the far-right edge to the end-left edge of your television, but this time include a bezel on the two sides.
After doing this, you’ll receive the measurement of the overall width that must be a few inches smaller than the whole screen size. For instance, a 60 inch TV will, in reality, measure only 52.3 inches. Therefore, a TV’s width is the most essential measurement. It comes into play if you choose to set it on a stand or cabinet or mount it on the wall.
- Measure its Height
Once you know the width and the diagonal measurements of the TV, go a step further by measuring its height. Begin from the upper side of the TV to the lower side to get the height measurement. Then, pull the tape measure from the upper edge down to the lower edge of the TV on the same side.
Most updated television models feature a height measurement that’s approximately 56% of the overall width. Height isn’t as essential as the TV’s width. But it’s essential when you are thinking about where to locate the TV.
Also, you need to get the depth measurements of your TV through measuring from its back to the front. By measuring the height, width, and depth of your TV, you’ll have the overall measurement of your TV. Understanding these aspects is an essential part of knowing how to measure your TV screen.
- Display Your TV
After getting an idea on how to measure your TV’s screen, you must also understand the required space to safely display the device. Here’s what to do:
- Measure your desired display space by getting the right width and height of the space you target to position the TV.
- Having done that, take note of the depth of the stands, cabinets, and center of entertainment. Check whether they are large enough to hold the device.
- Next, allow for an extra 3 inches of room in the display space. Then, ensure that the wall section or the stand that you’ll be using is approximately half a hand’s width bigger than the device on all sections. This will ensure that the TV is properly set in the future.
However, you don’t only have to learn how to measure your television, but there are other vital factors you need to know. Before buying a new TV based on the advertisements, make sure you buy a TV that will suit your needs.
The first thing is picking out a device that’s large enough to see properly from your sitting area in your living room. The best thing to do is multiplying the distance between the area you’ll be sitting and the TV size in inches by 0.84.
How is TV size measured?
How long is a 55 inch TV?
|43″||37.5″ 95.3 cm||21.1″ 53.6 cm|
|50″||43.6″ 110.7 cm||24.5″ 62.2 cm|
|55“||47.9″ 121.7 cm||27.0″ 68.6 cm|
|60″||52.3″ 132.8 cm||29.4″ 74.7 cm|
How wide is a 42 inch flat-screen TV?
|TV Dimensions (Diagonal)||Screen Width|
|42 inch TV||36.6 inches + Bezel|
|44 inch TV||38.3 inches + Bezel|
|46 inch TV||40.1 inches + Bezel|
|48 inch TV||41.8 inches + Bezel|
What size is 42 inch TV?
|42″||36.6″ in 93 cm||20.6″ in 52.3 cm|
|46″||40.1″ in 101.9 cm||22.5″ in 57.2 cm|
|50″||43.6″ in 110.7 cm||24.5″ in 62.2 cm|
|55″||47.9″ in 121.7 cm||27″ in 68.6 cm|
How do you measure a 42 inch TV?
What are standard TV sizes?
What size is a 42 inch TV in CM?
Is a 42 inch TV big?
|32”||73 cm||42 cm|
|40”||91 cm||52 cm|
|43”||97 cm||56 cm|
|50”||113 cm||64 cm|
What is the most popular size TV?
What TV size should I buy?
Is 42 inch TV too small?
|TV screen size||Recommended viewing distance (4K)|
|50 inches||50-75 inches (4.1-6.3 feet)|
|55 inches||55-82.5 inches (4.5-6.8 feet)|
|60 inches||60-90 inches (5-7.5 feet)|
|65 inches||65-97.5 inches (5.4-8.1 feet)|
What is the best TV to buy in 2020?
What is the smallest size TV?
- Best OLED TV: LG C1 OLED. LG C1 OLED.
- Best LED TV: Samsung QN90A QLED. Samsung QN90A QLED.
- Cheaper Alternative: Hisense U8G. Hisense U8G.
- Best TV For HDR: Vizio P Series Quantum X 2020. Vizio P Series Quantum X 2020.
- Best Budget TV: Hisense U6G. Hisense U6G.
- Roku Alternative: TCL 5 Series/S535 2020 QLED.
What is the best TV to buy in 2021?
Which is better Samsung or LG Smart TV?
- LG. LG C1 OLED. SEE PRICE. BestBuy.com. 8.8. Mixed Usage.
- Samsung. Samsung QN90A QLED. SEE PRICE. Amazon.com. 8.6. Mixed Usage.
- Sony. Sony A90J OLED. SEE PRICE. Amazon.com. 8.8.
- Vizio. Vizio OLED 2020. SEE PRICE. BestBuy.com. 8.7.
- TCL. TCL 6 Series/R635 2020 QLED. SEE PRICE. BestBuy.com. 7.9.
- Hisense. Hisense U8G. SEE PRICE. Amazon.com. 8.4.