If you want to purchase something or sell inventory on Amazon, then you will need to open an account.
These steps will help you to accomplish these goals.
- Go to Amazon’s website. You will see a box called “Your Account” along the top-right corner. Choose “Start Here” next to the New Customer option.
- You will need to enter your personal information to create an Amazon account. The site requires your name, email address, and phone number. Then you will need to create a password.
- Click on the “Create Account” button at the bottom of the registration screen.
- Amazon does offer free products in some categories, but you will need to add payment options to your new account.
- Click on “Your Account” again.
- Choose “Payment Methods” from the menu.
- Select “Add a Credit Card” and then enter the relevant information.
- Confirm that the payment account is added to your Amazon profile by going to the “Manage Your Payment Methods” screen under your account settings.
- You will now want to add a shipping address to your new Amazon account. Click on the command to “Add New Address” under the Account Settings menu from your profile. You have the option to add several addresses if you plan to ship items to family or friends from the website as well.
TIP: You can choose to personalize your profile, connect your account to Facebook, or keep the information private during the setup phase of your Amazon account.