Google docs is an online program that provides functionalities like write, edit, save, share and much more. By using your google account you can access the google docs.
In this guide you will learn to open google docs on different platforms and to open files using google docs.
How to open Google Docs on PC
Make sure that you have google account. If not, you can sign up for google account. https://accounts.google.com/signup
- Open web browser and open https://docs.google.com
- Log into your account with your username and password.
- Find the file you want to open and double click on it.
- If the file, you clicked is an excel, word, doc file, it will be opened by its app.
- If the clicked file is another file type, it will be opened in google drive.
Open Google Docs in Word
If you want to open or edit your google docs in Microsoft word follow the following guide.
If MS Word is not installed in your PC, download and install it. https://softfamous.com/microsoft-word/
Open google drive and sign in to your account. Find the file and open it. Click on ‘File’ in the menu bar and click on ‘download as’. Click on ‘Microsoft Word (.docx)’. Your file will be downloaded in your computer.
Now, Open Microsoft Word in your Computer and open the downloaded file in it.
Open office file in Google docs in Chrome Browser
- Open web store of google chrome and type Google Docs in the search.
- Download the google docs app and install it (extension).
- After installing it, you will see its icon in the extensions bar on the top left of the screen.
- Click on google docs extension icon. It will bring you to the homepage.
- Click the upload button and select the office file you want to work on.
- After uploading, click the document to open it in Google docs.
How to open Google Docs on Android and iPhone
If you want to open Google Docs on your android, follow these steps.
- Download and Install Google Docs app on your smartphone.
- Tap on Google Docs icon to launch the app.
- At the homepage of the app, you will see the documents you have, just tap on the document you want to work on.
To create a new, google document, click on plus icon.
How do I open Google Docs in Windows?
- If you are on a computer, the document automatically opened your default web browser. On your mobile device, it should open in the Google Docs app.
- If you have not yet logged into your Google account, Google Docs will prompt you to do so.
Why can’t I open a Google Doc?
How do I open a Google doc in Word?
Are Google Docs free?
Do you need a Google account to edit Google Docs?
Do you need a Gmail account to use Google meet?
How do I access Google Docs from Gmail?
Where do I find Google Docs on my computer?
Where are Google docs stored?
Are Google Docs safe?
When you create a file on Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides and share it, it is stored securely in our world-class data centers. Data is encrypted in-transit and at-rest. If you choose to access these files offline, we store this info on your device.
Are all Google Docs in Google Drive?
Can you save Google Docs to your computer?
Is there a Google Docs desktop app?
Why is Google docs not saving?
Where is the Save button in Google Docs?
Why is there no save button for your files in Google Drive?
Ads by Google