One of the major reasons for opening a Samsung Galaxy Tab is to remove the battery.
Opening a Samsung tablet is not as simple as opening a Samsung phoneIn order to get this done without damaging the minute parts inside the tablet, you need to follow certain prescribed techniques.
Power Off Your Tablet
Before making an attempt to open your Samsung tablet, you need to switch it off in the right manner. If your tablet is stuck and doesn’t power off, you can find instructions on the issue at Samsung Site.
- To power off the tablet keep the power button pressed for a few seconds. This would open a window on the screen that lists the “Power off” option.
- Select the option ‘Power off’ and wait for the tablet to turn off completely before proceeding with the next step.
Remove the Screw Covers
Samsung tablets are made using multiple components that are well secured to prevent any kind of damage to its internal parts. Near the charging port of Samsung tab 10.1 you can find two tiny covers concealing the screws.
- Find a good quality metal spudger to remove the screw covers without causing any damage to their structure.
- Try to gently remove the screw covers with the flat end of the spudger. Once you remove the covers you will be able to see the screws.
Remove the Screws
In order to open the tablet, you need to carefully remove the 2 screws located at the bottom of the tablet, near the charging port.
- For unscrewing the tiny screws you would require a tri-wing screwdriver. These are special screwdrivers that have 3 lobes.
- Gently place the screwdriver on the head of the screw and make sure that the tip of the screwdriver is aligned with the drive. Do not apply pressure while rotating the screwdriver as it can cause damage. After unscrewing slowly remove the screws.
Separate the Back Cover
The most challenging part of opening a Samsung tablet is to separate the back cover without causing any physical damage to the tiny attachments that bind the cover to the tablet.
- For separating the back cover, you need to use a plastic pry tool. Start by inserting the flat tip of the pry tool between the outer rim and the glass screen.
- Gently move the tool sideways by applying moderate pressure. You will be able to hear a popping sound as the clips that hold the back cover start detaching one by one.
Remove the Back Cover
While removing the back cover of a Samsung tablet, you should not disturb any of the internal components. Also, touching parts like the motherboard with metal tools can cause damage.
- Open all the clips by running the pry tool around the rim of the tablet. You should do this gently so as to prevent the delicate clips from breaking.
- After that slowly lift the back cover without ripping or damaging the microphone cable.
- If you are opening your Samsung tablet for the first time, the clips can take time to open. You might need to make several attempts for detaching each clip.
If you intend to remove the battery use only a good quality screwdriver to remove the screws that secure the battery.