Google Maps are an excellent web-based service that provides detailed information on geographical locations and streets around the globe. In addition to that, Google Maps offers real-time traffic conditions, satellite imagery, street maps, route planning for traveling, 360-degree panoramic views, and more. You can plot points on Google Maps using the following ways:
Plot Points on Google Maps API
For displaying a map that contains more than one location, you have to create a map on Google Maps and then embed that onto your website or where you want to display your map.
- Visit https://www.google.com/maps. You can see a ‘Log-In’ button in the top right corner of the Google Maps page.
- ‘Sign-In’ into your account with your credentials. After ‘Signing-in’, you can see a menu icon in the top left corner.
- Click the ‘Menu’ icon > ‘Your Places’ > ‘Maps’.
- Click ‘Create Map’. You can get a new pop-up window, where you must create a title and description. Click on ‘Save’.
- Now, you can plot the points manually by clicking the marker icon and dragging it directly onto your map. You can also search for locations on the search tab.
- You can add locations manually by saving it to add to the map. Click ‘Add’ to map for adding locations.
Plot Points on Google Maps without Directions
Google will allow you to add descriptions, tags, and icons to your locations in Google Maps. We are going to discuss how to plot points on Google Maps without directions:
- Go to ‘maps.google.com’. ‘Log-In’ into your account. If you do not have a Google account, create one by clicking ‘Sign-In’> ‘Create a New Account’.
- Click ‘My Maps’ at the top of the Google Maps page > ‘Creates a New Map’. You can get the title and description fields. Just fill the required details onto those fields.
- Click the ‘Public’ button to create a map that appears in search results for public visits.
- Click the ‘Unlisted’ button to create a private map that only people you allow can see the map. Then, click ‘Done’ to save your new map.
- Enter the first location in the search bar and click ‘Save to’ to add the location to your map. Choose the map you have created from the drop-down list and click ‘Save’.
- Then, enter the second location and follow the same points. Repeat this step until you finish adding the locations onto your Google Map.
- Click on ‘Save’. Click ‘View Map’ to view your map. You can edit the map by clicking the ‘Edit Button’.
Plot Points on Google Maps iPhone
The following points help you to plot points on Google Maps from your iPhone.
- Open the ‘Google Map’ app from your iPhone. Search your location. Tap ‘Your Location’ on the map.
- You can see directions icon at the bottom left corner. Tap on ‘Directions’.
- Tap on ‘More Icon’ that appears on the top right corner > Tap stop after you finish adding the locations. Then, tap on ‘Done’.
You can add up to 9 locations on your Google Map with title and descriptions. You can change the orders of your destinations by clicking reorder and drag the destination.