YouTube is a platform where some people post videos for the sake of entertainment but most of the people do this to earn money with YT. Posting videos on YouTube can be very rewarding if it get popular. In this guide, you will learn how to upload videos on YouTube. We will start with uploading YouTube video through PC, further we will extend towards other devices such as Android and iOS.
How to post video on YouTube on PC and Mac
Login to YouTube account:
Make sure that you are log in to your YouTube account. For this, go to YouTube.com and click on sign in button located at the top right corner of the screen. If you don’t have a YouTube account, you need to create a google account to and then link it with YouTube. You can also use Google account for other services like google drive, Gmail etc.
Choose file to upload:
When you are log in to YouTube account, you are redirected to your channel’s homepage (considering you have created a channel already). From this homepage, click on upload button located at the top right corner of the screen. You will be redirected to video upload page.
Learn about Privacy Settings before uploading a video:
Before uploading a video on YouTube, you have to select type of the video. So, each video category has its own privacy settings so, you must read the them carefully.
Public Videos: These videos are available to everyone on YouTube. Public videos can be displayed in suggested videos, can be discovered by anyone through search. Example of these videos include education videos, social media marketing and product reviews etc.
- Private: Private videos are not discoverable to anyone except those ones selected by you. These videos are not listed in the videos section of your channel, only those people can see which you have specified.
- Scheduled videos: As the name indicated, these videos do not appear on YouTube before the time you specified at the time of upload. These are helpful to run video campaign or series of videos because you don’t need to upload them one by one
- Unlisted: These videos are not visible in the videos section of YouTube and not discoverable by anyone. These videos are only visible to those who are relevant to it and linked with the video.
- Next step is to choose the video you want to upload. Simply click the arrow/upload button and choose the file from your storage. You can also drag and drop the video file to upload. After selecting the file, you can see a progress bar shown at the top.
- Set title, tags and descriptions: This step is very important and decides the popularity of your video. The title if the video appears in front of the viewers, so you must give an appropriate title to your video that is easy to search and understand and also relevant to your video.
- The next important thing is to write the description and tags. These helps to rank higher on search engines and even on YouTube. Write the proper tags and keywords in the description and move to the next step.
- Set Thumbnail: YouTube automatically shows a set of thumbnails for your video. If you don’t like to set these ones, you can click on custom thumbnail to upload your own thumbnails by clicking on Custom thumbnails. High quality thumbnails (1280×720 resolution picture) are recommended, as they look catchier.
- Once you have successfully uploaded a video to YouTube, you can go to the page and check how it looks to the viewers and can access other settings like audio enhancements, video settings and annotations etc. You can also get embed code for your video and also facility to email video directly.
How to post video on YouTube on Android, iPhone and iPad
Mobile users can upload videos directly from their smartphones. Below are the steps to do so.
Post YouTube video from iPhone and iPad
- Make sure that you have YouTube app is installed in your device. If not, you can get it from here.
- Open YouTube app and sign in to your YouTube account.
- Tap on the camera icon.
- You can record a new video to upload on YouTube or you can select already a recorded video from your camera album.
- After selecting the video to upload, the next step allows you to edit your videos such as add effects and filter or change audio settings. Apply the edits as per your requirements and move to the next step by tapping on Next located at the top right corner of the screen.
- At this step, you need to give title, description, and tags to your video. Make sure to fill all these fields for the best output.
- Tap on Upload located at the top right corner of the screen.
- You have successfully uploaded video to YouTube using the app.
Upload video to YouTube on Android using YouTube app:
- Open the YouTube app on your Android device. If you don’t have YouTube app installed in your device, just go to Google Play Store and search for YouTube, then download and install it. You can also download it from here.
- Tap on the camera icon.
- Select to upload video from gallery or record a new video.
- After selecting the video, you need to give title, description and tags to your video. Fill all the necessary fields and tap on the blue send button to upload your video.
- You can see the progress bar that indicates how much video has been uploaded.
- You have successfully uploaded the video to YouTube using the Android app.
Tip: With YouTube save offline feature, you can save videos for viewing them offline. However, YouTube has also developed its own app to download a video in your android or iOS device without using any third-party app or website to do so. It is named YouTube Go. Android users can download it from the Google Play Store and iOS users can download it from the Apple Store.
How do you upload videos on YouTube for free?
How do I post my first YouTube video?
- Log in to your account.
- Select the upload button.
- Drag and drop or select the file to upload.
- Enter description, tags, and privacy information.
- Share the video to social media.
How do I upload my video to YouTube in 2020?
Why can’t I upload videos on YouTube?
How do I share a YouTube video on my YouTube channel 2020?
- Start watching a video on youtube.com.
- Under the video, click Share .
- A panel will appear, presenting different sharing options: Social networks: Click on a social network icon (for example, Facebook, Twitter) to share the video there.
How do I copy and paste a YouTube video?
How do I download and share a YouTube video?
How do I copy and paste a YouTube link?
What is the best YouTube video downloader?
|YouTube Video Downloader||Platform||Ratings *****|
|4K Video Downloader||Windows, Mac, Ubuntu.||5/5|
|WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe||Windows, Mac.||5/5|
|VideoProc||Windows & Mac||5/5|
|Y2Mate.com||MacOS, Windows, Linux, Android and iPhone devices.||5/5|
How do I get the URL of a YouTube video?
Locate a URL using an Android smartphone or tablet
- Locate and open the YouTube app.
- Find and tap the video whose URL you want to see.
- Tap Share.
What is a YouTube URL?
How do I turn a video into a URL?
- Select what you’d like to turn into a link and then select Insert > Hyperlink or press Ctrl + K.
- Select Place in This Document.
- Choose where you’d like the link to connect to and select OK.