eBay is a good platform for sellers who want to access expanded and international marketplaces. Posting items on eBay is easy and the procedure is shown below.
- You can access eBay website using your PC, Android or iPhone. If you already have an account with eBay, you can use your normal login credentials to sign in. If you do not have one, you can create an account.
- Once you have read the terms and conditions, click Agree. Take special notice of the listing terms and conditions provided by the site.
- Before you list an item, review the listing fees. You will have to pay insertion and full value fees.
- You are also needed to set up your seller account complete with payment and buying methods that you would like to use.
- Once you are done with all these steps, review and analyze listings on eBay. At the top right corner of your screen, you will see the Advanced option where you will click.
- View Completed listings which will show the items that were posted at least 15 days ago.
- Enter the keywords in the fields provided. Once you are done click Search to complete this task.
- Filter the products by time because this is the default sorting style.
- Find other items that match your products. The items with green prices are already sold while those with red are not sold.
- Analyze the listings so as to set a realistic price on your product. This helps improve your sales.
- You can also look at the incomplete listings. When the product you want to post is already posted by others, you will need to wait because the competition will drive your price down. However, if in your advanced search, you find out that the sales are high even though there are many sellers you can just post since the product is in high demand.
- Once you have analyzed the listings, you can now post. On your screen, at the near right corner, you will see a Sell link that is just below the search bar.
- Once on the page, enter the title for your posting. It is the most important thing to do because it is the first impression that the buyer will have. You should also use searchable keywords to describe your posting. You should also disclose important information such as the brand, manufacturer and short description of the item.
- Click on Find your product so that eBay can fill in the most basic details about your posting. Type the UPC or SKU if applicable.
- Once you are done, you will be directed to choose a category which your product will be listed. There are two ways of finding a category in eBay. The first one is to type a keyword of the item and eBay will suggest the best category to list your product. You can also choose a category from a list.
- Provide a specific description of the item and add photos of the product. You should also use proper grammar so as to increase the buyer’s confidence in your product. You can also look at the competitor’s prices so that you may set a reasonable price.
- At this point, you will decide whether to post as an auction or sell at a fixed price. If you choose to sell by auction, you will need to provide a selling period. You should also specify the payment options that the buyers can choose.
- Select shipping options for your buyers. The shipping costs are always flat rate or according to the address of the buyer. You can also decide to provide free shipping as a marketing strategy.
- Add other policies such as return policy so as to avoid any future misunderstanding with the buyer.
- Click on the review link so as to make changes and correct errors before posting your item.
- Click list option to list your product. You will be charged with a listing fee.
How much does it cost to post on eBay?
When you list and sell items on eBay, we charge selling fees. There are two main types of selling fees: an insertion fee when you create a listing, and a final value fee when your item sells.
Auction-style listing example 2.
|Final value fee (10.2% of $57.98)
How do Beginners sell on eBay?
Log in to your account and click “Sell” in the top right-hand corner to get started.
- Step 1: Identify your product.
- Step 2: Choose between Auction-style and fixed-price selling.
- Step 3: Set your listing duration.
- Step 4: Price your item.
- Step 5: Set up shipping options.
How do I post on eBay for free?
You can create a listing for free on eBay! We’ll just charge for any upgrades you choose, and the final value fee when your item is sold.
Does eBay always take 10%?
If the item sells, the company will take 10 percent of the sale price. EBay has been using a fee structure that included a listing fee of 50 cents per item for full-price listings. For larger-volume sellers, eBay will introduce new final value fees ranging from 4 percent to 9 percent, depending on the product category.
What sells quickly on eBay?
What sold well on eBay in 2020 is a good indication of what to expect in 2021.
- Mobile Phone & Accessories.
- Video Games.
- Health and Beauty.
- Home and Garden.
- Computers and Tablets.
- About Webinterpret.
How do I make $500 a month on eBay?
Here are a few tips that will help you earn an easy $500 per month on eBay:
- Get Organized. Organizing your time is essential for successfully selling on eBay.
- Start with Items Around Your House.
- Buy Low; Sell High.
- Market Your Listings.
Is selling on eBay worth it 2020?
“eBay is decent to sell on, bringing in buyers is great. They eased up on the seller control a bit and seems like they finally are regulating the bad buyers and scammers out there.” “eBay charges higher fees, but gives a lot of freebies and discounts to regular sellers too… so it kind of washes out,” said another.
Can I make a living selling on eBay?
If you want to start making money at home quickly, with little to no investment, selling on eBay is a viable option. There are many advantages to starting an eBay business including: It’s fast. You can create an auction today, and get paid for your item within a week.
What crafts sell best 2020?
CRAFTS WITH THE HIGHEST PROFIT MARGINS
- 1 – JEWELRY. The jewelry industry is a multi-billion dollar industry, so there’s room for every business.
- 2 – ART. Everyone hangs some form of art in their home so it’s an industry people spend money on.
- 3 – PHOTOGRAPHY.
- 4 – SOAP & CANDLES.
Ads by Google