We know the Microsoft Excel is an example of spreadsheet program and we can store different types of data in the tabular format by using the MS Excel (A spreadsheet program) but by default MS Excel does not print the gridlines in the printouts and without gridlines data looks like simple text printed information.
So if you want to learn that how to print gridlines in the MS Excel, then this tutorial is for you.
Steps to Print Gridlines in MS Excel
- Select the worksheets which gridlines, you want to take (print) in the printouts.
Note: We can select single worksheet by simply single left click on the worksheet and to select the multiple worksheets, we have to hold down the “Ctrl” key and left click on the number of worksheet that we want to select.
- Click on the “Page Layout” Menu.
- Check the box “Print” of gridlines option under “Sheet options”
- After it, we can check the gridlines by “Print Preview” window.
- Note: Use the “Ctrl + F2” shortcut key to show print preview window.
- After seen the gridlines in the print preview window, we can give the print command.
Steps to Print Gridlines:
- Open the workbook, in which you want to print Gridlines.
- Then Go to
Page Layout > Sheet Options > Gridlines > Select Print Option.
- Go to print, or use Ctrl+P, to execute the command. It will appear something like this.
- If you want to print gridlines on the whole page, even on the portion kept blanked, then you will have to use cell border option.
- It is recommended to use Print Preview before printing gridlines.
- Sometimes, even after following the above step, gridlines will not be printed. For this you have to follow the following steps:
- Go to Page Layout > Sheet Options
- It will open a dialog box like this:
- Just Check the box of Draft Quality and Gridlines will print.
How do I print the gridlines in Excel 2013?
- Open your spreadsheet.
- Click Page Layout.
- Check Print under Gridlines.
How do I print evenly in Excel?
- Click the Page Layout tab on the ribbon.
- In the Scale to Fit group, in the Width box, select 1 page, and in the Height box, select Automatic.
- To print your worksheet, press CTRL+P to open the Print dialog box, and then click OK.
How do I change the print lines in Excel?
How do I make lines in Excel?
What are the dotted lines in Excel?
What is a dotted line?
How do I get rid of the lines in Excel?
How do I hide page break lines in Excel?
Why page break is not working in Excel?
- Click File (or Office Button) > Options.
- In the opening Excel Options dialog box, please click the Advanced category at left side, and then uncheck the Show page breaks option in the Display options for this worksheet section. See screenshot:
- Click the OK button.
How do I remove page breaks?
How do I remove page breaks in Word 2010?
Why can’t I delete a page break in Word?
Click the Home tab at the top of the window. Click the Show/Hide button in the Paragraph section of the ribbon. Select the Page Break formatting mark. Press the Delete (or Backspace) key on your keyboard.
Why is Insert Page Break not working?
How do I insert a page break between columns in Excel?
How do I remove page number from page break?
Select the column that is to the right of the column where you want the page to break. On the Layout tab, under Page Setup, click Breaks, and then click Insert Page Break.