How to refund on PayPal
- How to Refund on PayPal App (Consumer Version)
- Log in to your account. After that, click on the “Activity” option.
- Select the payment to refund. Note that you can refund payments marked as “completed”, “Cleared”, “Uncleared” or “pending” within 60 days after they were received.
- Next, select “Refund this payment” and type the amount to refund in the appropriate field.
- After that, hit on the “Continue” button and then verify the correct amount to refund.
- Finally, click on the “Issue Refund”. After that, the refund request will be processed, and the money from the account used for a payback.
TIP: Do not issue a refund on cards having chargeback associated with the same transaction to avoid double crediting of a single transaction.
- Refund on PayPal Here App (Business Version)
- Refund On PayPal using iPhone Or Android.
- Log in to your PayPal Here app.
- Next, tap on the “Menu”.
- In the Menu, select “Sales Activity”.
- Tap on the “Sales History”.
- After that, locate the transaction that you want to refund and tap on it.
- Next, tap on the “Refund”.
- Type in the amount you want to refund and tap on the “Refund” and the amount will get processed and refunded.
- Refund on PayPal Using an iPad.
- First, log in to your PayPal Here app.
- After that, locate and tap on the “Preferences” button located on the top left corner of the page.
- Go ahead and tap on the “Sales History”.
- Find the transaction subject to refund and select it.
- From the list of options, scroll towards the bottom and tap n the “Refund”.
- Enter the amount you want to refund and tap on the “Refund” button. Doing that will display the option of sending a receipt too.
Payments made using debit or credit card is refunded to the customer’s card.
A refund on check-in payments will get reimbursed to the customer’s PayPal account.
You can give a cash refund to payments made using a check and cash at hand. For the check refund, ensure the check has cleared into your bank account before giving a refund.
If you have a balance in your PayPal account, or pending money you haven’t accepted, the refund will be deducted from the funds.
In case you do not have a balance in your PayPal account and have no pending payment awaiting your acceptance, the entire refund is sourced from your bank account that you linked with PayPal.
- Refund on PayPal within 180 Days
- Log in to your PayPal account using your credentials.
- After that, locate the payments received in the transaction and click on the link. If you can’t find the summary link, select the “My Account” tab and locate the “Overview” option at the top menu. After that, click on the “Payments received” link.
- Find the payment that you want to refund. Doing that will open a transaction detail page.
- Next, hit on the “Issue a refund” link. If you find the link missing, the transaction was done more than 180 days ago, and you cannot issue a refund using this process.
- Type in the desired refund amount that you want to be refunded to your client and then click on the “Continue” button.
- Click on the “Issue Refund” button when you’re sure the amount is correctly indicated.
- Refund on PayPal After 180 Days
- Click the “Money” link found at the top of the page.
- After that, click on the “Send Money” tab.
- Having done that, select the “Send money to friends and family”.
- Provide the required details to facilitate the refund and then click on the “Next” button.
- Lastly, review and find out if the information is correct that then tap on the “Send” button. And that’s it.
- Refund on PayPal Using eBay
- Login into your eBay account.
- After that, locate “My eBay” and click on it.
- Next, locate the “Sold” option and tap on it.
- Find the payment that you want to refund and click on it.
- Next to the transaction subject to refund, click on the “More actions” dropdown.
- After that, click on the “Cancel this order” and then select the reason for canceling the order.
- If the buyer used PayPal to make payments, eBay would process a refund automatically. If the customer used another payment method other than PayPal, then you should contact the customer to request an alternative means.
Can you take back money you sent on PayPal?
How do I get a refund from PayPal if I was scammed?
- Open the Resolution Center page in a web browser.
- Log in with your PayPal credentials.
- Click on Report a Problem.
- Select the problematic transaction and hit Continue.
- Choose the reason most appropriate for your claim.
- Submit the dispute.
How long do PayPal refunds take?
I want a refund. How do refunds work?
|What you paid with||Where your refund goes||When you’ll get it|
|Debit card||Debit card||Up to 30 days If the refund can’t be applied to your debit card, it will be sent to your PayPal balance.|
Why is my PayPal refund Not in my bank account?
Why do PayPal refunds take so long?
Do PayPal refunds go back to debit card?
Why does PayPal refund money?
How do I contact PayPal support?
For any type of unauthorized transaction or error, you can call our customer service at (402) 935-7733. You can also notify us in writing or online by following the instructions below.