When your Safari disappears mysteriously from your home screen, you may wonder whether the app is deleted or uninstalled.
However, the fact is that Safari is inbuilt, and you cannot delete or uninstall it from your iPhone or iPad.
The only possible occurrences may be that your app restrictions are deliberately or accidentally disabled or your app is hiding in one of the folders in your home screen. Fortunately, you can reinstall it through the following steps.
Reinstall Safari On iPhone and iPad from the App store
Use the steps below to reinstall Safari on your iOS device:
- On your iPhone, go the “Setting.”
- Locate “App Store” on your iPhone settings and tap on it to open
- Type in the name of the app that you want to search “Safari.”
- Search for the Safari app
- Tap to restore the Safari app and wait for the app to finish restoring
- Check if the app appears on the home screen and open it.
If it works well, you’ll be through. If not, you should use other mechanisms to reinstall the app. Some of the means include resetting the home screen, disabling the restrictions on safari app and restoring your iPhone into factory settings. Let’s precisely go through each of the options mentioned.
Reset the home screen of your iPhone or iPad
Resetting your home screen will layout removes all the preinstalled apps and setting, thus rearranging the apps in the way they were when you purchased the device.
- Tap on the setting application to launch it
- Tap on the “General”
- Scroll down to “Reset,” and a list will appear.
- Tap on “Reset Home Screen Layout” and a warning will appear.
- Tap on the “Reset” option and your Safari application will be back on the screen.
Restore factory setting for iPhone or iPad
Even though this method may be useful, it involves erasing all the content on your mobile phone apart from the factory data and settings. Thus, you need to back up all the content in the IOS phone. Follow the steps below to reset your device.
- Decide on the choice of backup; either iPhone or iTunes
- In case you are using iCloud, ensure you are connected to the internet through Wi-Fi. Launch the Settings and tap on iCloud and back up your files.
- For the case of iTunes restore, you will have to connect your iPhone to a PC or Mac using a USB cable and click on the iTunes
- Select the appropriate setting for your devices such as the “iPhone” or “iPad.”
- Back up your iPhone or iPad content.
- Go back to the setting and click on the “Reset” and all the information will be gone. And your Safari will be back on the home screen.
- Get back to your backups and restore the contents of your iOS device.
If your Safari app goes missing from your home screen, it would be a great idea to start with the options that would not lead to any data loss before resolving to reset the home screen as well as the factory reset. If the procedures do not restore your Safari app, you can now go ahead and reset the home screen as well and later restore factory setting if the previous steps do not yield fruit. Otherwise, your Safari will be back on the home screen.