If you recently had your iPhone stolen, it is important that you make a point of removing your credit card information from your iCloud account. By doing this you will prevent the person who stole it from using your information for their own gain.
- Go into iCloud and Locate Your Stolen Phone
The first thing you need to do is log into your iCloud account on your iPhone, iPad or computer. Use the credentials for your current account when logging in. Once you have signed in, go to Settings and then iCloud Settings. Find the device that you had stolen in My Devices and select it.
- Remove Your Credit Card
When you select the device that you had stolen, you will see a number of details listed for it. There is a section for credit cards that you use for Apple Pay. Simply select the card(s) and choose the Remove option.
After you have selected the Remove option for a certain credit card, you will be presented with a pop-up window that will give you a warning. It will tell you that it could take up to thirty seconds for the changes you have made to take effect. Select the Remove option again to save these changes. You have the option of logging out of your account, but we recommend that you stay signed in to make sure the card was removed. After you get a replacement phone, you can always go back to Apple Pay and set everything up again.
When you remove a credit card from your iCloud account, you will no longer be able to use it to make purchases through Apple Pay. Make sure you really want to do this before removing a card from your account.
Why can’t I remove my credit card from my Apple ID?
If you owe a balance on something you’ve purchased from the App Store or iTunes Store, but Apple has been unable to charge you for it, then Apple may not allow you to remove a payment method from your Apple ID until that balance is paid off.
How do I take my credit card off my iPhone?
Press“Payment Method.” Choose the card you want to remove. Scroll to the bottom of the next menu and tap “Change Payment Method.” Choose “None,” then hit “Next” twice to erase the card’s info from your iPhone and other Apple devices.
How do I delete a payment method?
- On your Android device, open Settings .
- Tap Google Services & preferences Settings for Google apps. Google Pay.
- Tap the payment method you want to remove.
- Tap More. Remove payment method.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I remove my credit card from Apple ID 2019?
- Open Settings.
- Select iTunes & App Stores.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top.
- Select View Apple ID.
- Tap Payment Information.
- If nothing is preventing you from removing your credit card, you should be able to select None under Payment Method.
Why can’t I change my payment method to none?
How do I change my iCloud payment method?
- Go to System Preferences, then select iCloud.
- Select Account Details. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Select the Payment tab, then select Details.
- Update your payment information.
- Select Save, then select Done.
How can I update my iCloud storage without a credit card?
How can I get more iCloud storage without paying?
How do I update my iCloud storage with a debit card?
Is it worth paying for iCloud storage?
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
Why is iCloud not accepting my credit card?
Why is Apple declining my Mastercard?
Why does my card keep getting declined?
How do I change my payment method?
- Open the Google Play app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Payments & subscriptions Payment methods More. Payment settings.
- If asked, sign in to Google Pay.
- Under the payment method you want to remove, tap Edit.
- Make your changes.
- Tap Update.
How do I get rid of update payment method on iPhone?
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.*
- Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in.
- Tap Manage Payments. ( If you’re using an older version of iOS, tap Payment Information.) Then add, update, reorder, or remove your payment methods:
Ads by Google