You may need to change your payment method on your Lyft account if you get a new card or if you would like to use another payment method like Apple Pay.
Lyft makes it easy to do thisAll you need to do is follow these easy steps to change your payment method.
Open the Lyft app on your iPhone or Android device
- Once you open the app, tap on your photo to open your profile
- Select the tab that says “payment”.
Manage your payment options
- From the “payment” tab, you will be able to add or change your preferred payment option.
- Select the card or payment method that you would like to use for future ride payments.
- Your old form of payment will store as a backup in case you ever need to revert to it. This could happen if the new payment method expires or has insufficient funds.
- Whichever form of payment is selected when you leave this screen, it is the form of payment that will be charged when you order your next ride.
Removing a Credit Card from a Lyft Business Profile
- Tap the three bars found at the top-left of the Lyft app
- Scroll down and tap the payment tab
- Make sure it is not your payment method set for both personal and business profile. If it is, you can change your default payment method first under the Payment defaults section.
- Choose the credit card you want to remove and click on Delete. You can only remove a payment method if there is more than one payment method.
Accepted Payment Methods to use with Lyft:
- Credit cards. The following cards are acceptable to use for payment on your Lyft account: Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Discover, debit cards and bank cards that are associated with a bank account, and prepaid cards (i.e. Visa Gift Cards, etc.)
- PayPal. You can use your PayPal account whether you have an Apple or Android phone or device.
- Apple Pay. You can set up your Apple Pay account to link with your Lyft account if you are using an Apple iPhone or iPad device for your Lyft account. See Apple’s website for information on how to use your Apple Pay account.
- Google Pay. You can set up your Google Pay account to link to your Lyft account if you are using an Android phone or tablet.
- Note that even if you are using an Apple Pay or Google Pay account, you will also need to have a valid credit or debit card on file. Having a valid credit or debit card on file is a requirement for having a valid Lyft account.
Other important things regarding payment on the Lyft app
- If your card on file is about to expire, you will be notified within the app to change your payment method. You must keep on file a valid card in order to use your Lyft account to call for rides. Even if you have an Apple Pay, Google Pay, or prepaid card linked as a payment method, you will not be able to call for a ride until you add a valid debit or credit card.
If a charge fails to go through for any reason, they will prompt you to change your payment method before you can call your next ride. Once you change your payment method, the failed charge will be applied to the new card or account.