If you sell items on eBay, your sales always depend on the reviews that your customers give you. Here is the guide on how to deal with or even remove negative feedback on your eBay;
Replying to the feedback
- Sign in to your eBay account using your normal login credentials. You can use your PC, Android or iPhone. Having a seller’s account usually gives you a number of options. One of them is the option to view, analyze and respond to feedback accordingly.
- Click on Community, followed by Feedback forum and then Feedback profile. If you are on this page, you will be provided with tools to interact with your buyers.
- A drop-down menu will appear where you will click Reply to Feedback Received so as to contact the buyer.
- A list of all the feedback you have received will be displayed once you click on this link. Scroll till you find the feedback you want to reply to. Tap Reply link so as to reply to the feedback.
- Type your response on the box provided and click on the button to leave your response. Your response will be shown below the feedback so that potential buyers may see your side of the story. Always remember to use polite language.
- Once you respond to the negative feedback you may want to follow up with the buyer until you resolve the issue up to the satisfaction of the buyer.
- You need to first resolve the issue that led to the negative feedback to the customer’s satisfaction before you ask for a feedback revision.
- Once you are signed in, you should access your feedback tools on your account.
- Tap on the Request Feedback Revision option in your menu to ask the buyer to revise the negative feedback. Click on the negative feedback that you need to revise.
- Type the appropriate reason why you need the negative feedback ought to be revised. Once you have sent your reply, the buyer will receive an email on how to revise the feedback.
- The buyer can choose to revise the negative feedback or just leave it at that. The buyer might also provide the reason why he or she might not revise the feedback.
Removing the Feedback
- eBay in some instances usually removes some feedback. One instance that eBay can remove negative feedback is when a buyer does not follow the feedback policies provided.
- You can check on the defects on the feedback. Defects are the interruptions that sales encounter. eBay automatically removes all the defects that are associated with their sites or even the payment systems such as Paypal.
If you believe that the feedback qualifies for removal yet it has not been automatically removed, you can contact customer service for consideration.
Can you retract negative feedback on eBay?
Once you‘ve left Feedback, you won’t be able to edit or delete it. If you‘d like to add extra information to your original Feedback, you can leave a follow-up comment. If you‘d like to change the negative or neutral Feedback you‘ve left, you can ask the seller for a Feedback revision.
How do I remove negative feedback?
When a buyer posts negative feedback accidentally, you can ask them to change it using the “Request Feedback Revision” page. If there is no response from the buyer, you can go to the “Report Feedback” page and explain the situation directly to eBay so they can handle the negative feedback removal.
Can I change feedback I left for a buyer on eBay?
Buyers: Can I Change eBay Feedback I’ve Left? Yes, but only if the seller asks you to. Otherwise, you’ll see a message saying “None of your Feedback is eligible for revision.” You can also only revise feedback to be better—you can‘t change positive or neutral to negative.
What happens if you get negative feedback on eBay?
A negative rating lowers a seller’s feedback score by 1 point. If the sales occurred in the same week we raise your feedback score by a total of 1 point, regardless of the number of positive ratings you received from the seller within the week.
Can I leave negative feedback after refund?
No, you can still receive negative feedback if you’ve refunded. Or, just as bad, neutral. A lot of sellers leave neutral along the lines of “out of stock (or) fault, but received a refund“.
How many negative feedback are you allowed on eBay?
You can only open one dispute per transaction, and that is why you could not file another dispute. ” We looked into the sellers account history and saw he had 73 negative feedbacks in one year and 53 of the was in the same month we bought from him.
Why can’t I leave negative feedback on eBay for a buyer?
Sellers aren’t able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. That means sellers need other tools that will protect them against unfair treatment from buyers and bring those buyers to eBay’s attention. You can block buyers with too many policy violations, unpaid items, or who aren’t registered with PayPal.
Can a buyer leave negative feedback after a case is closed?
No. Regardless, it wouldn’t matter. Seller’s can‘t leave negative feedback in any transaction–and if they did a positive with negative comments, a simple call could easily get that removed.
How long does it take for negative feedback to be removed from eBay?
Or when exactly is it? It will disappear from the “Recent Feedback ratings” 12 months column, one year after the feedback was left. The feedback percentage is not recalculated immediately, so it may take another day for it to match the “Recent Feedback ratings”.