Google Chrome is the most widely used browsers in the world.
In fact, it takes up 65.21% of the world’s Internet browser market with over 5 billion users.
People like it because it is fast, efficient, and reliable. Sometimes, you browse websites on Chrome that popup windows. This is frustrating and annoying. Anyway, you can block pop-ups in Chrome.
Chrome has incredible security features that allow you to browse safely. By default, it will block any pop up that shows up on the screen. For example, you can see the address bar of the chrome browser that shows that “popup blocked.” This is the situation when the browser has blocked the popups on a particular site.
What about removing pop-up blockers from chrome?
You can allow pop-ups because certain legit sites have them. If Chrome keeps blocking these pop-ups, you may be missing some important updates, promotions or discounts from your favorite websites. However, if you still want to disable them, remember that you may have subscribed previously to receive alerts from a particular site.
You can block notifications from a website that shows up on the screen. If the pop-ups are still there, it means that you compute or mobile device has a virus or malware. Anyway, how to remove the popup blocker from chrome using a desktop computer? Here are the steps.
- Open your computer and then double click google chrome.
- Click more settings at the top right corner of the browser. On the three dots, you will be directed to the Chrome menu where you can view your history, bookmark a page and do other activities.
- Now, refer to the “Privacy & Security settings.
- Click site settings.
- Then click popups & redirects.
- Turn the popup settings to “Allowed” at the top. You will know that the popup blocker is disabled because it is grey.
How to remove pop-ups blocker on chrome using Android?
Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Open Google Chrome App on your Android device.
- Tap “More Settings” that you will find on the right side of the address bar. This is located on the three dots at the top right corner of your screen where you’ll be directed to the Chrome menu.
- Tap “Site Settings.”
- Go to “Pop-ups and Redirects.”
- Turn on the pop-ups
To allow pop-ups for selected sites, you need to open Google Chrome on your Android phone and then go to a page where you the browser has blocked the pop-ups. Tap “Always show” at the bottom of the page.
Likewise, you can allow notifications from some sites. To do this, you need to open the chrome browser or app on your android phone and then go to the site that you want to receive notifications.
Tap “More” that is on the right side of the chrome address bar. Then, go to info and then tap site settings. Once there, choose “Notifications.” Choose “Allow” to turn them on or “block” to turn them off.
How to remove pop up blockers on chrome using iPhone?
Here are the steps that you need to follow. The process is the same for the iPhone and iPad.
- Open the Google Chrome app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Tap on the “More” button or navigation area.
- Select Settings and then tap the “Content Settings.”
- Now, select “Block pop-ups.”
- Then, either turn them “ON” or “OFF.”
Since you are removing a popup blocker from Chrome, you will choose the option of “Turn On.” Moreover, if you want to allow popups for a few specific websites, then, you need to open chrome on your iPhone and then go to the website that you want to allow for popups. Then, at the bottom of the page, select “Always Show.”
If there are any issues with pop-ups, then you can turn your iPhone’s airplane mode. Close the Google Chrome app or tab with unnecessary dialog boxes or popups. However, this is a daunting task, you need to install anti-virus software to fix this issue.
In summary, Chrome, by default, most of the popups that contain malicious links or content. However, if you want to remove the popup blocker from chrome, you can do this in the above-mentioned ways.