If you would rather not use a pop up blocker in Chrome, you can remove it very easily. This article will give you detailed instructions on how to do this no matter what sort of computer or device you are using.
- Disabling Pop Up Blocker on Windows PC
If you are using a Windows PC, you can disable the pop up blocker in Chrome with a few simple steps.
- The first thing you will need to do is launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome menu, which can be found in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on Settings in the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to Show Advanced Settings at the bottom of the window.
- Under the Privacy section, click on Content Settings.
- Under Pop Ups, choose “Allow all sites to show pop ups”.
- Click Done and your pop up blocker will now be disabled.
- Disabling Pop Up Blocker on Mac
If you want to block pop ups on your Mac computer, you must follow these steps.
- You will want to start off by launching the Chrome application.
- Select the Chrome menu in the upper right hand corner.
- Navigate to Settings in the drop down menu.
- Go to the very bottom of the window and select Show Advanced Settings.
- Under the Privacy section, select Content Settings.
- Under Pop Ups, choose Allow All Sites to Show Pop Ups.
- Click “Done” and the settings will be saved.
- Removing Pop Ups for Specific Sites
If you want to remove ad blocker for specific websites, you can follow these steps to do so.
- Go to the Chrome menu, which is the icon with the three horizontal lines.
- Select “Settings”
- Click Show Advanced Settings.
- Go into the Privacy tab and click the Content Settings button.
- Navigate to the Pop Ups section and click Manage exceptions. You will be able to enter certain websites that you want to allow pop up advertisements on. You can choose to remove any websites from this list at any time.
- Removing pop up blocker from Chrome will mean that you will have to deal with pop up advertisements on certain websites.
- You can choose to enable the pop up blocker on Chrome whenever you want by going into the web browser’s settings.
- You can see whenever a pop up ad on a website is blocked in the upper right corner of your web browser. A little window icon with a red “X” mark will appear. When you click this icon, you can see the exact number of pop ups that have been blocked. You can choose the “Always show pop ups” on a certain site if you want to be able to get this information every time. It only takes the press of a button.