On PC And Mac
- Using your browser, navigate to Facebook Login page through https://www.facebook.com/.
- Click on the blue “Forgot account?” button that is below the email or phone fields on the upper part of the page. With that done, you will get directed to the “Find your account” web page.
- In the “Email address or phone number” box that appears, tap in the text field and enter email or phone depending on either that you used when signing up for a Facebook account.
- After that, click on the “Search” button to locate your account. After that, decide on the option that you want to use in resetting your account. You can choose to use either email, phone, or your Google account to proceed. If you decide to verify your account by using your Google account, you will not be sent a code or password reset email.
- Hit on the “Continue” button to receive a reset code or email. If you opted for Google account verification, a window there will be an open window.
- If you used a phone number, get the six-digit code sent to you and enter it in the required field and click on the “Continue” button that appears. If you used email, get to your email account and click on the verification link sent to you. And if you opted for Google account, enter your email address and password. By using any of these three methods, you should get directed to the password reset page.
- In the password reset page, type a new password in the “New password” text field found on the upper side of the page. Ensure your password is strong but easy to remember. After that, click on the “Continue” button to save your password. After resetting the password, your old password becomes invalid. Therefore, use the new password in any device when you want to log in to your account. Sounds easy? Of course, it is.
On iPhone & Android App
- Launch your Facebook app by tapping the “f” icon on with a dark blue background. By doing so, you will get to the login page.
- Next, tap on the “Need Help” button below the login details field to open a menu.
- In the menu that appears, tap on the “Forgot Password” button to get to the Facebook’s password reset page.
- In the page that appears, tap on the next textbox on the upper part of the page and then type in your email address or phone number that you used when signing up for an account. In case you cannot remember your phone number or email that you used, tap on the “Search by your name instead” option and enter your full names in the order that they appear on Facebook.
- After that, tap on the blue “Search” button just below the text box to locate your Facebook account.
- Choose an appropriate method for recovering your account. If you searched for your name, click on the “This Is Me” button on the right side of your profile before proceeding to the options for account recovery. You can choose to use either email or phone number.
- Tap on the “continue” button to receive a password reset email or code via a text message.
- If you opted to use a phone number, get the six-digit code sent to you and enter it in the required field. And if you used email, get to your email account and note the 6-digit code sent to you and type-in the field for “Enter your six-digit code.” After that, tap on the “Continue” button that appears.
- Enter your new password in the field provided on the upper part of the page and then tap on continue to get your new password saved. Congratulations! Your new password is successfully set.