Everyone tends to clean their PC or Laptop once in a while. There are various kinds of malicious websites with some infected ads which can corrupt your PC or Laptop or any System. You need to clean up your PC by resetting your Mozilla Firefox. There are a few ways to clean up all the unwanted files or caches you have downloaded.
Install Mozilla Firefox Software
In case of your new PC, you can download it from the Mozilla Firefox official webpage – https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/ using your pre-existing browser.
- You have to open the download menu so search for it first.
- You will have various software versions and you should choose the updated version for your system.
- Once you have downloaded Mozilla Firefox for your system. You have to install it.
- When you are finished with the downloading of the Mozilla Firefox then you should make it your default browser.
- Making it as your default browser will help you save some time while visiting some websites.
Synchronizing with Your Email ID
You can create an email ID and add it to your Firefox browser. Having your Gmail account synchronized with your Firefox browser reduces your workload of manually setting up. You should follow certain steps to add your email account.
- First, you need to sign in, so click on that icon.
- You can either create a new Gmail account or sign in with an existing one.
- After this, click on “Create New Option” and then it will ask you to fill in some basic details.
- Synchronizing with an email ID allows you to save all your changes across devices.
Adding Your Gmail Account to Firefox Browser
As you have already created a Gmail account now you can add your Gmail account with your Mozilla Firefox.
- You will see a sign in option in the top right corner of the screen just beside minimize, maximize and close option.
- As you click on that a pop-up window will be opened where you have to enter your email id with your password.
- It will redirect to your email id portal where it will ask if you are okay with permitting Mozilla Firefox to sync Firefox setting with your account.
In can your Firefox is slow; you should go for resetting the Firefox setting.
- It will erase all the saved bookmarks or saved passwords and all the data and caches of your browser.
- As you click on the 3 stacked lines which will be at the top right corner of the browsers window just below the exit option.
Mini Window Section
This will help you to go further with the steps to reset your Firefox.
- As you click on the 3 stacked lines, you will be able to see a mini window.
- A Mini window will have several options like a new window, a new private window, saved pages, etc.
As you will see the customize options menu with the “+” sign.
- You will find a quick mark with blue color on the left side of the customize options.
- Clicking on that button will open the help menu.
- A menu will open with several helping options like Firefox help, tour, keyboard shortcuts, etc.
- You need to click on the troubleshooting information.
Reset Firefox Button
As you have visited the help menu as well and have clicked on the troubleshooting information.
- You will see a reset Firefox option.
- Reset Firefox option will state to change your Firefox to its default state.
Reset Firefox Confirmation
When you have already clicked on the reset Firefox button, a pop-up menu will appear.
- A pop-up window will open which is to give you’re a warning about resetting your browser.
- You need to click on the reset Firefox button besides cancel button to reset your Firefox.
- Firefox will restart in its default state.
Reset Firefox Confirmation Window
As you have clicked on the reset Firefox confirmation button, you should at least know what it says.
- It declares that clicking on that button will reset your browser to its initial state.
- It will clean out all the windows and tabs, all the browsing history, bookmarks, passwords, and everything.
- You can get back all these settings once you have synced your browser with your email account.
Firefox Default Settings
Firefox browser will be reset to default once when you want to clean your PC or laptop.
- It will be the same as when you downloaded it for the first time.
- It will not contain any saved passwords and browsing history, etc.
- It will be faster than before as there will be nothing to get downloaded first.
- It will remove every caches and data.
- You need to configure all the setting for your own good.
Add-ons or extensions will help you to customize the Firefox browser but as you reset the Firefox, you have to download all your required add-ons again.
How do I completely reset Firefox?
- Open Firefox on your Mac or PC.
- Navigate to this Firefox support website.
- Click the “Refresh Firefox” button. You have to employ Firefox on your computer in order to refresh the browser through its support page. Emma Witman/Business Insider.
- Select “Refresh Firefox” again when prompted.
How do I reset Firefox without opening it?
- Windows: Hold down ⇧ Shift while opening Firefox. If this doesn’t work, search your computer for a “Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)” shortcut.
- Mac: Hold down ⌥ Option while opening Firefox.
- Linux: Run /path/to/firefox/firefox -safe-mode from Terminal.
How do I fix my Firefox browser?
- Restart your computer. Sometimes problems can be fixed by simply restarting your computer and then starting Firefox again.
- Clear your cookies and cache.
- Restart Firefox in Safe Mode.
- Restart Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode.
- Reinstall Firefox.
- Refresh Firefox.
- Create a new Firefox profile.
What causes Firefox not responding?
Why my Firefox is not working?
How do I uninstall and reinstall Firefox?
How do I refresh Firefox automatically?
Why should you clear cache and cookies?
Should you clear cookies?
How do I clear cookies and cache on my computer?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
How do I clean out my computer cache?
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [del] on your Keyboard.
- Select the period “since installation”, to empty the whole browser cache.
- Check the Option “Images and Files in Cache“.
- Confirm your settings, by clicking the button “delete browser data”.
- Refresh the page.
What is a browser cache and how do I clear it?
Does clear cache delete passwords?
What does Clear Cache mean?
App cache is similar to browser cache. It’s small bits of information stored to speed up your experience using an app. Clearing cache is a quick and easy way to free up space and (hopefully) fix a misbehaving app. Clearing app cache will not delete app data like account information.
How do I clear out my browser?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- Tap More. Settings.
- Tap Privacy and security. Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, like Last hour or All time.
- Select the types of information you want to remove.
- Tap Clear data.
Does clearing my history delete everything?
Ads by Google