Resetting is often necessary after an update or after cleaning your computer or device of any viruses or malware. If you need to reset your Safari browser for any reason, all you need to do is follow these simple steps. Here are three ways to reset Safari on your iPhone, iPad or Mac computer or laptop:
How to Reset Safari on your iPhone
- From your iPhone’s home screen, select the Settings icon. This icon appears as a grey and black gear.
- Open the Safari tab under the list of applications that require setting adjustments. You can easily find Safari by looking for the icon, which shows as a blue compass with a red and white directional needle.
- Scroll down until you see three different buttons that read Clear History, Clear Cookies, Clear Cache. Tap on each one of these, one at a time to clear all web data on your iPhone.
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to clear these categories. Select yes and all web data will be reset.
How to Reset Safari on your iPad
- Clearing your web data and resetting your Safari browser on your iPad is simple. Start by opening the Settings tab. Find it by looking for the grey and black gear icon, and tap it to open.
- From the Settings tab, scroll down until you find Safari. You will see the blue compass icon next to it. Tap that to open the Safari Settings menu.
- Select Privacy & Security and tap Clear History and Website. Confirm that you want to clear your history by selecting Clear History and Data when prompted.
- This clears and resets your browser in Safari.
How to Reset Safari on your Mac
- Clear your Safari browser history to erase all web related data that is stored on your Mac.
- Go to the History tab on the toolbar in the top right corner of your screen. Select Clear History from the drop down menu. You can also access a Clear History button directly from the Safari tab in the same tool bar.
- Clear your Safari Cache to get rid of any save websites on your computer. To do this, access the Safari tab on the upper left hand toolbar, and choose Preferences from the drop down menu.
- From the Preferences tab, click on Advanced and then scroll down to where it says Show Develop Menu in Bar.
- Go back to your browser and select Develop from the toolbar. Under the Develop menu, look for Empty Caches. Click that to Clear your Cache and reset Safari.
How do I reset Safari on Mac?
- Launch Safari and click on the Safari menu.
- Choose Clear History…
- Click the menu next to clear and choose a time period — if you want to completely reset Safari, choose all history.
- Press Clear History.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Safari?
How do I reinstall Safari?
- Open App Store on your iPhone.
- In the search bar of the App Store, type safari, and search for it.
- Tap on GET command button to reinstall Safari app.
- Navigate back to the home screen to check if Safari is reinstalled and appears on the home screen.
Why did my Safari app disappeared?
Why is my Safari not responding?
How do you fix Safari Cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server?
- Solution 1: Check Internet Connection.
- Solution 2: Recheck the Website URL.
- Solution 3: Clear Safari Cache and Data.
- Solution 5: Use IP Address.
- Solution 6: Modify DNS Settings.
- Solution 7: Reset Network settings.
- Solution 8: Restart iPhone forcibly.
Why is my safari not working on iPhone?
Why does my safari keep saying its updating?
How do I force Safari to update?
- Open the App Store. Click the Apple menu icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Go to the Updates tab.
- Find and activate the Safari update.
- App Store will now update Safari on macOS.
- Safari is now up to date.
How do I fix Safari update?
- Click on the Apple menu and choose About this Mac.
- Press Software Update.
- If there is an update available, press Update Now.
- Wait for the update to complete and try launching Safari again.
What is the newest version of Safari?
|Safari on macOS (Laptops and Desktops)||14.1.1||2021-05-24|
|Safari on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod)||14.1.1||2021-05-24|
What is the most current Safari browser?
|Operating system version||macOS 10.14 Mojave|
|Latest Safari version||14.1 (April 26, 2021)|
How do I find my Safari browser version?
How do I update Safari on my iPad 2020?
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- To update now, tap Install.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
How do I reset Safari on iPad?
What happened to my Safari browser?
How do I put Safari back on my iPad?
- Swipe down on the centre of the screen > in the Search box at the top of the screen, type “safari” > when the app icon is shown, it will also show (to the right of the app icon) the name of any folder that it has been moved to.
- You can also tap on the icon from within the search results to open the app.