Resetting your Samsung tablet to default settings can resolve several common issues like unresponsive apps and frequent freezing. Based on the problem encountered you can adopt various ways to reset your tablet. In order to find details on factory reset you can refer to Samsung Tablet Official Site.
Backup your Data
Before doing a reset, you need to backup your valuable data. You can backup all the information saved on your tablet to your computer using Kites. It is a free application that can be installed on your Windows PC and connected with your tablet using a USB cable.
- When you do a factory reset all your data and personal settings get deleted. This includes your profile, photos, videos, messages, and contacts. To avoid this you can backup all your app data and passwords to Google servers.
- You can save your contact numbers to your SIM card. Likewise, you can backup your messages and contacts to your Google Account.
- If you have a Samsung tab 4 or lower version you can configure the “backup and restore” option either using a Samsung account or a Google Account.
Open the Settings
Once you have created a backup of all your valuable information and app data, you can proceed to reset your tablet.
- From the main menu of your tablet, locate the “Apps” section. Tap and open the Apps to find the Settings icon.
- You can also locate the Settings icon by accessing the “All” tab of your tablet.
- In tablets belonging to the latest Samsung series, you can directly find the Settings icon from the main menu.
Find the Reset Option
Once you locate the Settings icon tap over it and look for the option “General”. Note that, if you have one of the latest model tablets, you wouldn’t find the General tab. In that case, you have to select the option “Privacy”.
- If you find the option “General”, open it and look for the option “Backup and reset”. This would backup your app settings and data before performing the reset.
- In the latest models that only have the “Privacy” section, you would directly find the option “Factory data reset”.
Perform the Factory Reset
When you tap on the option “Factory data reset” you will get a window notifying the consequences of the reset. If you agree to it, you can provide your input accordingly.
- The operating system of your tablet would again ask your permission to reset by providing the option “Reset device” before starting the process. Tap over the option to proceed.
- As the reset begins, the screen would display a window with an option “Erase everything”. Tap over it to complete the reset process.
Provide the Password
As a security measure, your device may prompt you to provide the password of your Samsung account before erasing all the saved data.
- If you have configured a Samsung account on your tablet, you may be asked to log in using the password before you get the option of “Erase everything”.
- You have to enter your username and password to provide consent for erasing everything and proceeding with the reset.
- If you happen to forget the password, you can reset it by following the guidelines provided by Samsung.
If your tablet is frozen or stuck, you can perform a hard reset by simultaneously pressing the Power, Volume up” and Home buttons.
How do I factory reset my tablet?
Where is the reset button on a Samsung tablet?
Is there a reset button on a Samsung Galaxy tablet?
How do I factory reset my Samsung A01?
Does a factory reset delete everything Samsung?
What happens if I reset my tablet to factory settings?
Does a factory reset delete everything?
How do you reset a Samsung phone when it is locked?
How do you restart a Samsung?
How do I unlock my Samsung?
How do I unlock my tablet if I forgot my pin?
If you can‘t unlock your device, your only option is to perform a factory reset. This will remove the passcode, but also erase all of the data on your tablet. You’ll be able to restore all of your emails, purchases, app downloads, and settings by logging in again after resetting.
How do you unlock your tablet if you forgot your password?
How do I unlock my Samsung tablet if I forgot my password without resetting it?
How do you reset a locked Android tablet?
How do you reset a Samsung tablet without the password?
Ads by Google