This guide is about restarting google chrome. We will discuss multiple ways to it. So, let’s start the guide.
In usual way, restarting a PC application means that closing it and then again opening it by clicking its icon.
But here, we want to surprise you with new and easy methods to do so.
How to quickly restart chrome on PC
You may be wandering, what is meant by quick method. Yes, this is one click method to restart chrome browser on PC.
For this, you need to make a bookmark, and give specific restarting URL of chrome.
- Open chrome.
- Make sure that you have enabled always show bookmark bar to access it easily. To enable it, open menu>settings>appearance. Check the box saying always show bookmark bar.
- Type URL chrome://restart in the address bar of the browser.
- Click on star icon on right most side inside the address bar
- Give the name of the bookmark. Such a “restart” so that it can be easily identified whenever it is needed.
- Now, notice that you have new bookmark named “restart”, which will act just like a restart button for chrome.
Click on this bookmark, your chrome browser will close and reopen automatically.
Restart chrome on Android and iPhone
One way to restart chrome on android and iPhone is pretty simple and usual way, that is to press the Home key of your mobile to exit from application and then again tap the chrome icon to launch it again.
But we are here to provide you more convenient method to do so.
How to quickly restart chrome on Android and iPhone
Not only PC users has utility to restart chrome using bookmark method, but mobile users have also. To use this feature, follow the steps below.
- Open chrome app.
- Type URL chrome://restart in address bar.
- Tap on menu button on top right corner.
- Tap on star icon to bookmark this URL.
Like chrome PC version, you cannot have bookmark always shown.
- Whenever you want to restart chrome, open menu.
- Tap on bookmarks
- Tap on bookmark you created for restart. After taping, your browser will close and reopen automatically.
Restart chrome without losing opened tabs on PC
You have two options for this, the first one is provided by chrome. To activate it, follow the steps below.
- Open menu.
- Open settings.
- Search for menu that says “On Startup”, and select the option “Continue where you left off”.
Another method is to use OneTab extension.
This extension provides more functionality than the default option.
Reopen closed Tab on Chrome
Sometimes you may close tabs accidently, but thanks to Chrome as it remember the closed tabs and let you reopen them.
- Right click on any opened tab, click on Reopen close tab.
- You can also use shortcut keys from keyboard . For windows press CTRL + SHIFT + T, if you are on MAC then press COMMAND + SHIFT + T.
If you have closed the entire chrome window and lost all opened tabs, then in this case, you need not to worry also, because you can recover all the closed windows. Right click on chrome window and click on Reopen closed window.
Tip: You can create a website shortcut on your desktop. Click on menu dotes located at the top right corner of the screen. From there navigate and select More>Tools>Create Shortcut.
Give name to it and save to any location you want. It is a clickable link acting as shkrtcut to it.
How do I restart my browser?
How do I restart Chrome without losing tabs?
- #1 Restart Chrome using chrome://restart command. The easiest way to restart Google Chrome is by entering this command chrome://restart to the address bar and press Enter.
- #2 Press CTRL+SHIFT+T to open previous tabs.
- #3 Use a OneTab extension to save tabs.
What is restart your browser mean?
How do I restart Chrome on Android?
Tap on See all apps to reveal the installed apps on your smartphone. Google Chrome and tap on Chrome from the results. Tap on Storage and Cache then tap on the CLEAR ALL DATA button. Tap on OK to confirm the data to be cleared and your app will be reset.
How do I restart my Internet Explorer browser?
How do I clear IE cache?
- Go to Settings and choose Apps or Application Manager.
- Swipe to the All tab.
- In the list of installed apps, find and tap your web browser. Tap Clear Data and then Clear Cache.
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
What happens when you reset Internet Explorer?
How do I fix Internet Explorer has stopped working?
- Open Internet Explorer and select Tools > Internet options.
- Select the Advanced tab, and then select Reset.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box, select Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, select Close > OK.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Why is my internet not responding?
What causes page not responding?
Why has my Internet browser stopped working?
How do I fix an unresponsive page?
- Clear Browsing Data (Cache & Image)
- Disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome.
- Disable Chrome Extensions.
- Recreate New Chrome Profile (Windows OS)
- Run without Sandbox (Windows OS)
- Bottom Line: Fix Chrome Page Unresponsive.
How do I fix websites not loading?
- See if the Problem Is on Your End or Theirs.
- Browse a Cached Version of the Page.
- Disable Add-Ons and Other Interfering Software.
- Check Another Browser or Incognito Window.
- Fix Your DNS.
How do I clear my cache and cookies?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.