If you are using Google Chrome, you will have the option to save your password while signing in to your website for the first time.
However, if you have canceled the option for any of your online accounts, you can reactivate the option by following the below-mentioned steps:
Open the Chrome Settings
Open your chrome browser to find the Settings option. Click on the three small dots that appear on the top right corner of your Chrome window. This would open a menu of options. Here you can find the option Settings. Click on it to open the settings window.
Find the “Never Saved” List of Websites
- Inside settings, you will be able to see an option called “Passwords”. Click on it to open the settings related to saving and managing passwords.
- In this window, the first option would be “offer to save passwords”. It remains turned on by default.
- Scroll down and look for the option “Never Saved”. This is the section where you will find the names of the websites for which you had declined the option of saving the password by clicking on the button “Never”.
Removing a Website from the “Never Saved” List
Look for the name of the site for which you want to save the password. Once you find it, click on the small cross symbol that appears on the right side of the list, against each name listed. This would delete the name of the website from the list. Now you can exit the settings window.
Save the Password for the Website
- Now open the website for which you want Chrome to remember your password.
- Sign in to your account by entering the username and password. As soon as you sign in, you will get a pop-up window that provides the option to save the password.
- Click on the “Save” button and you can successfully save your password.
- Now you can directly access your account without logging in every time you visit the site.
Chrome is a versatile browser that allows the user to easily access their online accounts and safely visit different websites. To make things easier for its users, Chrome allows them to save their passwords while signing into various online services. But if you have deactivated the option you can reverse it by following the above-mentioned steps.