- Make a Business Plan
Before selling online or locally, Business plan is the necessary and very basic step to understand the goals and outcomes. Learn the market trends and graphs in your niche. Always keep an eye on the competitors of the product which you are selling on Amazon.
While making the business plan, keep your budge in front and then split the total budget into marketing, advertisement and other business activities.
- Select the item to sell on Amazon
Avoid selecting the seasonal products and try to select the best product that matches best to your conditions, such as it must be available to you at a reasonable.
Try to know about the trends of the market, before selecting the item because being a beginner, high competition may not suite you. But if you are confident enough and you have some extra time and money to wait for some good results, plus have nice supply of that item, you can go into the competition. Otherwise, keep yourself in average or blow average competition areas.
- Own good Product Suppliers
If the sales started on Amazon, good supplier makes this business a real charm. So, this point is not going to be ignored. Potential suppliers can be found on AliBaba and AliExpress. You can also find good product suppliers for Amazon on google. Get their contacts from there and make the deal.
Before starting the business with Supplier, know about the quality of the product, quantity, shipping cost, packing cost, delivery cost, shipping time etc. According to these prices, make the calculations for the selling price on Amazon.
To avoid misunderstanding with the supplier, keep in touch with him. Initially, don’t place large orders. Start with small orders and judge the quality of the products and efficiency of the whole supply chain process.
Once the supplier is ready, you are good to go for Amazon Account.
How to Register Amazon Account
- Open web browser and go to the address https://services.amazon.com/
- It will take you to the Registration Page, where you need to fill all the required information fields.
- Once you have registered, you are good to enlist your products.
Note: There are two types of seller account on Amazon, Individual Seller and Pro Seller. The normal seller account does not charge and fees per month but for the pro seller, monthly fee is $39.99 in which they offer more features. So, the choice of the type of the account actually depends on your business plan, scope and budget.
- Enlisting the Products on Amazon
After creating account on Amazon, the next thing you need to do is to introduce your products in the Amazon Store by posting them on it. High Resolution item picture is proved to be a very powerful tool, not only on Amazon but on every online store, owing to it, always pay attention to the profile pictures of the items you enlist.
If the products are not much in numbers, you can post them manually. But if the products are of quite large numbers, you can upload them through spreadsheet containing the required format and information according to amazon rules.
Always use keywords to sell stuff on Amazon because they help in displaying your items in the search result of the customers. Google Keyword Planner is a good platform to do so.
- Consider the Customer Reviews
Customer reviews can work like the sale boosters. Read the reviews of the customers after regular intervals. Thank the good reviews and also consider negative reviews to improve your quality of business. If any customer asks some query in the comments, must reply to that query through Email, personal contact or under that comment section.
How to sell books on Amazon
Follow the steps below in order to sell textbooks on Amazon.
- Find the correct book title. You can find the book title by searching it on the Amazon search or from the google. Once, you have found the correct title of the book which you want to sell on Amazon, you need to enlist it.
- Open your Amazon selling page by clicking on “Create a new product listing.
- If the books which you want to sell on Amazon is never posted before, you can start posting a new listing for this book. For a new listing, first search that book using ISBN on “Sell your stuff” page. Fill all the required information related to that book and search. If no results come up, Amazon will automatically redirect you for a brand-new listing. Now, enter all the required details along with the title of the book.
- Set the price of the book.
To know about the appropriate price of the book, get an idea from the already posted books on Amazon. If you are a beginner, keep the price of the book low. If the condition of the book is pretty good, you can raise the price.
Note: After setting the price of a product on Amazon, you can change it any time.
- Select the Condition of the book
The condition of the book is divided into different categories. The book can be enlisted as New only of it has not been touched or read before. There are some other categories depending on how the book is. Buyers rely on the condition of the book, so, if the book is unacceptable (with missing pages, wear and tear), it cannot be sold on Amazon.
- Select the shipping method you want to provide to deliver the book from Amazon to the buyers.
- Once, any buyer orders this book, you need to deliver it to the address of the buyer. The name and address of the buyer is included in the email sent by Amazon on ordering this book. Pack the book in envelop or box and write the shipping as well as returning address on the box/envelop.
How much does it cost to sell on Amazon?
How do I sell something privately on Amazon?
- Business mail address or Amazon customer account.
- Chargeable credit card (international cards are also accepted)
- Valid passport or ID. Identity verification protects sellers and customers.
- Company registration details, including VAT number.
Is selling on Amazon profitable?
Is selling on Amazon worth it 2020?
Is it better to sell on eBay or Amazon?
What are the cons of selling on Amazon?
- High competition. You probably saw this one coming, and yes, the competition is fierce.
- Selling fees. All those benefits we listed first don’t come for free.
- Order Management.
- Complex data feed.