These days, sharing Google Documents remain easy and simple.
You can send Google Docs to someone with and without an email ID and in the following ways also.
Send a Google Doc as a PDF
Google Doc gives you a number of comfortable options for you to work online. Sometimes, you might need to send a Google Doc to someone who does not use Google Drive (https://www.google.com/drive/). You can easily send them a Google Doc as a PDF.
- Open the ‘File Menu’ and scroll down to see the ‘Email as Attachment’ option.
- If you place the mouse over the ‘Email as Attachment’ option, you can get the ‘Attach as’ dropdown box, where you can find an option to change the Google Doc as a PDF.
- Once the doc is converted to PDF, you can email it to the person you want to. Enter the recipient’s email address, key in the subject and note, attach the file and hit the ‘Send’ button.
- If it is needed to be, you can send a copy to yourself by clicking ‘CC’ on the address field.
Send a Google Doc to Dropbox
You can send a Google Doc to Dropbox, but Dropbox allows a read-only copy of the document from Google Drive. The recipient can work on the document, but the changes cannot be submitted.
- Open the ‘Dropbox’. Select the folder to which you want to send a Google Doc.
- Now, add a file you want to send. Click Google Docs on the left panel and choose the document you want to send and click submit.
- If required, you can key in your comments on the comments field. Click ‘Done’.
Send a Google Doc as a Word Document
For sending a Google Doc as a word document, first, you need to convert the Google Doc to a Word Doc.
- Open the file in Google Docs, which you want to, convert to MS word. Click the ‘File Menu’ and download an option.
- Now, choose download as ‘Microsoft Word’ option from the dropdown list. The chosen file will be downloaded as a word document on your system.
- At times, the downloaded file will open automatically. If it does not open by default, you can find the file in your download folder.
- Now, you have successfully converted your Google Doc to word doc. Next, you have to simply email the downloaded file to the recipient by providing the email address, subject information, and email body if needed.
- Tap the send button to send a Google Doc as a word doc over email.
If you follow the steps properly, you can send a Google Doc to your recipient without losing the format or any delays.
How do I send a Google Doc to someone?
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Check the box next to the file or folder you’d like to share.
- Click the Share icon . OR. Click the More menu and select “Share”
- Copy the link at the top of the sharing settings.
- Send the link to another person or mailing list in an email or chat.
How do I attach a Google Doc to an email?
- Open the doc or file you’d like to share.
- Go to the File menu, and select Email as attachment.
- Select a file type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the email address of the people to whom you’d like to send the doc or file. If you’d like, you can also add a subject and a message.
- Click Send.
How do I create and share a Google Doc?
- Select the file you want to share.
- Click Share or Share .
- Under “Share with people and groups,” enter the email address you want to share with.
- To change what people can do to your doc, on the right, click the Down arrow.
- Choose to notify people.
- Click Share or Send.
How do I send a Google Doc to someone without Gmail?
- Email the file to the user as an attachment. With your Google document open in Google Drive, click File, and choose ‘Email as attachment’.
- Allow anyone with a link to edit your document.
- Ask the user to create a Google Account.
How do I create a document in Google Docs?
- From Google Drive, locate and select the New button, then choose the type of file you want to create. In our example, we’ll select Google Docs to create a new document.
- Your new file will appear in a new tab on your browser.
- The Rename dialog box will appear.
- Your file will be renamed.
How do Google Docs work?
Can you download Google Docs?
Where is Google Docs on my computer?
Is there a Google Docs app for desktop?
Can I use Google Docs on my PC?
Are Google Docs free?
How do I make Google Docs darker on my computer?
Open Google Docs and tap the three-line menu icon in the top-left corner. Next, select “Settings.” Now, choose the “Theme” option, which will allow you to pick dark mode. This option is called “Choose Theme” on Android.