No matter, you are going to either buy or sell or do business on eBay, but you must have an official eBay account. Make sure to set-up an eBay account before proceeding to buy or sell. Here is what you should do to set-up an eBay account.
Set-Up an eBay Account to Sell
If you want to sell items on eBay, you must have an eBay seller account. Here are the steps that will help you start a seller account on eBay.
- Open the ‘Official Web Portal’ of the eBay account – https://www.ebay.com/ and click register or ‘Create an Account’.
- Now, you have to select the type of account. Select a personal account or business account depending on the type of account you want to create.
- Enter the necessary details such as your name, email ID, password and more. The required details will vary depending on the type of account you want to create.
- Verify the details and click register.
- Now, you can list your items on eBay and make money.
- Make sure to go through the selling terms and conditions, selling fees, and selling limits once before listing the items on eBay selling page.
Set-Up an eBay Account to Buy
If you want to use eBay for buying items, you need to create a buyer account. If you have a buyer account, you can bid on auctioned items or buy products of your choice.
- Go to eBay site and click register on the top left corner of the home page.
- You can browse and view the items on eBay without having an account, but you will be navigated to create an account for buying items.
- When you click register, it will open a new window. You have to fill in the text fields to create a new eBay account. You have to provide your details such as first name, last name, email ID, and password. Verify your password by reentering it.
- Once eBay verifies your details and found ok, they will send you a mail or provide you a success screen. You will get a user ID or name from eBay. If need be, you can change that name.
- Continue using eBay and make purchases.
Set-Up an eBay Account for a Business
If you are going to unveil a business on eBay, make sure to initiate the business account.
- Go to eBay site and click register. Choose ‘Create a Business Account’.
- First, you have to register your business details such as business name, contact information, and business type.
- Next, choose your payment method. You can choose from a bank account, PayPal or Credit or Debit Card.
- After that, you have to confirm your identity. For that, keep your laptop or mobile phone ready.
- Choose how you want to be paid by your customers. You can choose from electronic transfers, money-back guarantees or PayPal.
- Link your eBay and PayPal accounts. If need be, you can set-up a business store.
Setting up an eBay account is not that difficult. However, the procedure and steps vary according to the type of account, so you should make sure to follow the right procedure.
Ads by Google