They are even competing on notes apps with Google Keep and have one of the biggest cloud based storage applications in Google Drive. But it is Google Docs we are interested in here.
Google Docs is the most used cloud based word processing piece of software, and the best thing about being cloud based is that with a log in you can access your saved documents from anywhere at any time without having to move them using email, or USB drives.
To get started up on Google Docs, search Google for docs.
- When you have searched for it, the first result will be the correct one. Click on it. It will then launch the home page of Google docs. There are two options here, you will want to click on the ‘Personal’ option rather than the ‘Business’ one. Click where it says to ‘Go to Docs’.
- The next page it will open it will be prompting you to sign in to your Google account. If you do not already have a Google account – this is a perfect time to create one. If you already have a Google account, log in!
TIP – Any issues you may have with logging in would be able to be sorted out on this screen.
- Once logged in you will be on the main screen of Google Docs where you can create your own documents. There are few templates along the top, from resume’s to business letters you will be able to find the perfect document template for whatever the occasion.
You can also sign up to Google Docs on iOS or Android as well as desktop. The only difference is you will have to previously have downloaded the Google Docs app from the App Store or Google Play Store. And upon opening the app you will be able to sign in or create your very own Google account.
I recommend getting a Google account, with all of the applications Google are constantly bringing out and updating, if there isn’t something for you yet, there will be very soon.
How do you create Google Docs?
- From Google Drive, locate and select the New button, then choose the type of file you want to create. In our example, we’ll select Google Docs to create a new document.
- Your new file will appear in a new tab on your browser.
- The Rename dialog box will appear.
- Your file will be renamed.
How do I create a shared Google Doc?
- Select the file you want to share.
- Click Share or Share .
- Under “Share with people and groups,” enter the email address you want to share with.
- To change what people can do to your doc, on the right, click the Down arrow.
- Choose to notify people.
- Click Share or Send.
Can I use Google Docs for free?
Can I install Google Docs on my PC?
Do I need word if I have Google Docs?
Is Word or Google Docs better?
What is better than Google Docs?
- Microsoft Office. Microsoft Office (formerly Office Online, also known as “Office on the Web”) is the free offering from the world’s most popular office suite.
- Zoho Docs.
- Dropbox Paper.
Is there a Microsoft version of Google Docs?
Is there anything else like Google Docs?
Like Quip and Office 365, OnlyOffice offers a full suite of business productivity apps. It’s a free and open-source alternative to Google Docs that gives you full control over your content. A free cloud-based version is also available, leaving the choice up to you.
Is Office 365 or Google Docs better?
What is the difference between Google Docs and Microsoft Office?
Can Google Docs replace MS Office?
Are Google Docs safe?
When you create a file on Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides and share it, it is stored securely in our world-class data centers. Data is encrypted in-transit and at-rest. If you choose to access these files offline, we store this info on your device.