Google Drive is a platform provided by Google that allows people to host and share documents Online.
Hosting is a document is easy enough as you just have to go the website and create a blank document, but sharing it can be tricky since you will have to deal with viewing and editing privileges.
How to Share Documents on Google Drive Mobile?
The convenient functions of Google Docs can now be used on a mobile device. You can open Google Drive through the web browser, but a more convenient way would be to install and use the Google Drive app (https://www.google.com/drive/download/).
- To share documents through the mobile, you need to first go and click on the ‘Google Drive’ icon to open the installed Google Drive app.
- Go to where the folder’s name is written and click on ‘The Three Dots’ next to it which represents the ‘More’ option.
- Then click on ‘Link Sharing’, this will activate link sharing and the link will be automatically copied to the clipboard.
- You can then paste the link in an email or you can send it as a message to anyone you wish to. You can even directly invite people to edit the document if you don’t want to use links.
How to Share Multiple Documents on Google Drive?
Sometimes, you may wish to share multiple documents with your co-workers and friends and this can be tedious if you use the link sharing method for each document. You can create a new folder for all your documents and share the entire folder with anyone.
- Click the ‘New Button’ on the top of the ‘Google Drive’ screen and select the folder option that shows up in the drop-down menu.
- Types the name of the folder in the field provided and click on ‘Create’. After this, you can drag and drop any files you want to add to the folder or use the add files option.
- Once the creation of the folder is complete, open the folder and clock on the downward arrow next to the name of the folder beside ‘My Drive’.
- Then select share in the drop-down menu and enter the email addresses of all the people you wish to share the folder with or you can opt for generating a shareable link.
- You can set permissions for each person that you share the folder with. You can allow them to only view the folder or edit it as well. You need to click on ‘Done’ after completing the sharing.
How to Share and Edit Documents on Google Drive?
Once you have a hosted a document on your Google, you may wish to edit it or share it with others. You may also wish to allow others to edit it and there is a specific procedure to go about this.
- If you are hosting the document on Google Drive then editing for you is easy but if someone else wants to edit it then you need to give them special permissions.
- To do so, first go to ‘Google Docs’, ‘Google Sheets’ or ‘Google Slides’ based on the file type and then click on the icon that is denoted by a person along with a ‘+’ sign.
- This will allow you to add collaborators to your document and you can give these collaborators editing rights.
- If you are added as a collaborator to a document that is hosted by someone else then you too can add people to that document regardless of the fact that you don’t host it.
You can separately give separate people viewing and editing access as well.