Rather than just storing photos on iCloud storage, you can share photos on iCloud to someone else including your friends, colleagues, staff, and more.
Here are some ways explained to help you share photos on iCloud.
Share Photos on iCloud from iPhone
Now, you can share photos at one go with anyone through the iCloud platform. Let us discuss the steps to be followed for sharing photos on iCloud from iPhone (https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/iphone/iph3d2676c9/ios).
- Open your iPhone. Tap ‘Settings’. Go to ‘Photos’ and scroll down if required.
- Turn on the ‘iCloud Photo Sharing Switch’. Tap the photos ‘Menu’ that appears on the left corner. Choose the photos that you want to share on your iCloud.
- If it is difficult for you to choose all the photos in one go, you can select a few photos and move them on iCloud and select the remaining photos.
- Click the share button and select ‘iCloud Photo Sharing Option’. Tap ‘Shared Album’> ‘New Shared Album’.
- Give a name to the album. Click on ‘Create the Album’ on your iCloud.
Share Photos on iCloud from Mac
Now, you do not need to email the pictures or use apps to share them with your friends or office staff. Instead, you can use your Mac to share photos on iCloud.
- Open your Mac. Navigate to system preferences. Click ‘iCloud’. Select ‘iCloud Photo Sharing’ checkbox.
- You can share either an album or a pool of photos. You can choose either way to share photos, but you cannot share more than 5000 photos.
- Tap the ‘Share Button’. In the drop-down menu, choose the new shared album. You can also add photos to already created albums rather than creating a new one.
- Give a name to the album that remains appropriate to the batch of photos you have selected. If you want to share it with your friends, you can do that by click ‘Invite People’.
- Type the phone numbers or email addresses of people you want to share your photos with. You can also add names from your contact by clicking the circled ‘+’ icon.
- Click ‘Create to Proceed’. You can click cancel even at the last minute if you do not want to create.
Share Photos on iCloud from iPad
You can able to give your friends one-way access to your photos on iCloud; no matter either you are sharing it from your PC or iPad. The following steps will let you know how to share photos on iCloud from the iPad.
- Open your iPad. Launch the photos app on your iPad. Locate the photos in an iCloud drive that you want to share.
- Tap select that appears on the upper right corner of the iPad screen.
- In there, Tap the photos to check it during the selection.
- Tap the share icon that appears on the lower left right corner of the iPad screen. Then, tap add people to share the photos with them.
- You can send invitations to your friends with the link. By clicking on the link, your invitees can access your photos you have shared on iCloud.
- If you want to add more photos to a particular album, you can simply drag and drop the photos to the albums in the sidebar.
Make sure to click the shared tab to check the photos that you share with others and others share with you on iCloud.
Does iCloud link share all photos?
How do I send photos to iCloud?
How do I see my iCloud photos?
- Open the Photos app.
- Tap the Photos tab to see your photos.
- Tap the Albums tab to see My Albums, Shared Albums, People & Places, Media Types, and Other Albums. You can also learn more about content that you share with others.
How do I manually add photos to iCloud?
- Open the Photos app.
- Select the pictures you want to upload.
- Tap the Share button.
- Select Shared Album.
- Choose which album you want to add it to or create a new one.
- Tap Post.
Can you choose which photos to upload to iCloud?
How do I access a shared album on iCloud?
How do I move pictures from iPhone to iCloud?
- Open a web browser and go to iCloud.com.
- Log in with your iCloud account.
- Click Photos > Upload.
- Select the pictures you want to save and then click Choose for Upload.
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
Do photos stay on iPhone if deleted from iCloud?
How do I transfer my iCloud to my new phone?
How to transfer data from your old iPhone to a new one with iCloud
- Connect your old iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap [your name] > iCloud.
- Select iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now.
- Wait until the backup process completes.
Why are the photos on my iPhone not uploading to iCloud?
Open the Settings app, tap on your account name at the top of the page, then navigate to iCloud > Photos, and make sure that iCloud Photo Library is enabled. You should also turn on the Upload to My Photo Stream option to see if that helps clear the problem.
Why are my emails not transferring to my new iPhone?
How do I transfer my old emails to my new iPhone?
- Open Settings on your old iPhone.
- Tap the Apple ID banner.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now.
- Turn your old iPhone off once the backup is finished.
- Remove the SIM card from your old iPhone or if you’re going to move it to your new one.