- How to sign up for Amazon Prime if you already have Amazon Account
- What is Amazon Prime Student, Benefits of Amazon Student account
- How to enable two-step verification on Amazon Account
- How to Cancel Amazon Order on Android, iPhone and iPad Amazon app
- How to download and install Amazon App for Windows 10 PC
Before going to the sign-up steps, let us to explain what is Amazon Prime and what are Amazon Prime benefits.
Amazon Prime is a special service offered by Amazon to its usersAmazon Prime members are eligible to get benefits like 2 days delivery option, streaming music and video and much more.
Note: Below instructions are for the members who are new to Amazon and does not have Amazon Account.
Follow the steps below to Sign up for Amazon prime account.
Go to the link https://www.amazon.com/amazonprime
Click Try Prime.
Choose the package which you want to subscribe for the prime account.
If you don’t have Amazon account before, you need to sign up for a new Amazon Account. For this purpose, click on “Create your Amazon Account”. Provide all the required information and it is recommended to use two-step verification.
Amazon will verify your information and send you a OTP (one time password) on the email your provided during signing up. Go the inbox of the email you provided and copy and paste that OTP in the Amazon page. Click on Verify.
Enter the credit or debit card information. Done! You have successfully subscribed for Amazon Prime account.
How to sign up for Amazon Prime if you already have Amazon Account
If you have already using Amazon account or signed up it before, the steps to subscribe Amazon Prime are little bit different. Follow them as described below.
- Open web browser on your PC, Android, iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the link Amazon.com
- Amazon Homepage will open where you need to sign in by clicking on “Hello, Sign in to your Account’.
- Enter the correct email and password associated with your Amazon Account.
- At the top of the page, click on Profile icon.
- Select the Prime Membership option.
- Click on Start your free Trial.
Done! You have successfully sign up for Amazon Prime service.
Details for Amazon Trial Period
- Trial period last for 30 days.
- You are not charged for this period.
- You will be charged after the trial period expiry.
- You can cancel the Prime membership anytime you want. If you cancel the prime membership during the trial period, you will not be charged in this case too.
What is Amazon Prime Student, Benefits of Amazon Student account
Amazon Prime students is a special discount offer for the students. It includes six months of free trial having facilities like two days delivery, access to music, video and variety of streaming content, exclusive deals and much more!
What are requirements of Amazon Prime Student Account
- You must be enrolled in a class or University
- The school/college must be accepted by the Amazon.
- You must have Official Email address provided by the educational institution. This will help Amazon to verify that you are a Student.
- This email address is not needed to sign in to your Account, but it is for only verification purposes.
How to sign up for Amazon Prime Student Account on PC, Mac, Android, iPhone and iPad
Make sure you have already Amazon Account. If you don’t have Amazon Account, go to Amazon.com and sign up by following the on-screen instructions and then follow the steps below.
- Go to the link https://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info
- Click on Start your 6 months free Trial.
- Sign in to your account and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to enable two-step verification on Amazon Account
Amazon two-step verification is an extra layer of security to your sign in process. To enable Two steps verification on Amazon, follow the steps below.
- Open Web Browser.
- Go to Amazon website (Desktop version of you are on Mobile).
- Click on Your Account.
- Under the Settings section, click on Change Account Settings.
- Click on Edit option in front of Advanced security settings.
- Click on Enable.
- On the next screen, you will have to select the method for two step verification of your account. Select the method by which you want to receive the verification code. It can be your mobile phone number or the email address.
- After choosing the authentication method, click on Send code.
- Enter the code you received and put in in the required field. Click on Verify code and continue.
- On the next screen, select the backup method.
- Click on Got it.
- Click on Enable two Step verification.
Done! You have successfully enabled the two-step verification for your amazon account.
Note: You can also add a trusted device at step 10 above. The trusted device will not need to perform the two-step verification every time you want to access your Amazon Account.
How to Cancel Amazon Order on Android, iPhone and iPad Amazon app
If you have placed order on Amazon and want to cancel it from mobile, follow the steps below.
- Open amazon mobile app. You can download and install it from Google play store for android and from app store for iOS devices.
- Sign in to your Amazon Account if required.
- Tap the three lines on the top left or top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Your Orders.
- All the orders which you have placed will appear to you. Find and tap the order which you want to cancel.
- Tap on Cancel Order or Cancel items.
Note: The order cancellation is not guaranteed and cancellation depends on the different terms and conditions of Amazon. You can go through Amazon Order terms and conditions on this page.
How to download and install Amazon App for Windows 10 PC
Amazon app is also available for Windows 10 PC. You can purchase and manage your account right from the app.
- Open the Microsoft App store on your computer.
- In the search bar, type Amazon and press Enter.
- From the search result click on Amazon app and Click on Get.
- It will download and install into your PC.
Open the app from start menu or search it from the search bar near start menu icon and enjoy shopping.