Starting a travel blog is an excellent way to see a lot of beautiful places all over the world while making money. If you can get a lot of regular visitors to your blog, there is a good chance that you can monetize it in a big way. Many people are starting travel blogs because of how fun and helpful they are to others. Those who have a passion for traveling should at least think about doing this.
- Decide on a Name
Believe it or not, the name of your travel blog is going to matter quite a lot. You should spend some time thinking about different names so that you can decide on one that will make your blog stand out from the others. A creative name can go a long way towards starting your blog off on the right foot. It should ideally be something playful and light-hearted while still telling people what your blog is about.
- Select a Hosting Service
After you have decided on a certain name for your travel blog, you will have to take the time to select the right hosting service. This can be somewhat tricky because of all the different options that are available. The web host you choose for your site is going to be extremely important, so you need to keep that in mind. A good host will keep your blog up and running so it will earn a reputation for being reliable. The last thing you want to do is to choose just any host for your blog.
- Install WordPress
WordPress is a content management system that will allow you to create a simple yet effective travel blog. It is incredibly easy to use with a very intuitive interface. When you are looking for a web host, make sure that you find one that is WordPress-friendly. You will need to spend some time looking through the various themes that WP offers before deciding on one in particular. There are a lot of different free themes to choose from, but you will also have quite a few pay options to explore. The theme you choose for your blog will determine how it looks as a whole, so take your time.
- Plan Ahead
Start planning where you will travel to and when so you can stay organized as far in advance as possible. The more organized you are with your blog, the better it is going to do. Take as much time as you need to learn about the different places that you are going to visit. This will help you create truly informative and helpful blog posts for others. It will also allow you to navigate the places you visit much easier and in a safe manner.
- Choose Plugins to Install
There are lots of different plugins that you can install on your WordPress travel blog, and it is important that you are aware of them.
- Imagify is a good plugin for travel blogs because it optimizes your entire library, making it easier for your visitors to load your website fast.
- Yoast SEO will help to optimize the content on your blog for Google and other major search engines, making it easier for people to find you.
- Social media share buttons will allow people who visit your site to share posts on your blog with their friends.
- Make an “About” Page
You should also take the time to write out an “About” page for your travel blog that people can visit to see what you are all about. Just write about how you are passionate about traveling and maybe some of the different places you have been to. People want to use a travel blog that is written by someone who has actual travel experience. The more you share about yourself and what you have done, the easier it will be for visitors to trust you.
- Use Social Media to Your Advantage
Social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram all have millions of active daily users. You will need to make a point of mentioning your blog on your social media accounts so others will know about it. Depending on the number of followers you have, you can reach a lot of people in a very short amount of time.
- Keep Posting
- You need to keep posting on your travel blog because otherwise, people are going to quickly lose interest
- Keep the fresh content coming and you will be able to get lots of new and return visitors to your blog on a daily basis. This can be quite a challenge, but it must be done in order to survive. There are a lot of different travel blogs out there, so you need to work very hard at yours.
How much does a travel blogger make a year?
What is needed to start a travel blog?
- Find the perfect name to suit your personality.
- Set up hosting for your blog.
- Install WordPress.
- Learn how your blog’s dashboard works.
- Download a kickass theme.
- Design your logo.
- Install these essential plugins.
- Start building your audience and making money!
Is it worth starting a travel blog?
Even in 2021, starting a travel blog is still without a doubt, the absolute best way to keep your friends updated about where you are, and to tell the world all about about your awesome adventures.. You may feel that Travel Blogs are redundant in 2021.
How do beginner bloggers make money?
Google AdSense might be the fastest and easiest way for a beginner to start earning passive income with a blog. The basic idea behind AdSense is that you can display Google Ads on your website and when a visitor clicks on those ads you get a percentage of the ad costs.
How do I start a blog with no money?
What is the format of a blog?
How do I write my first blog post?
What type of blogs are successful?
What are 4 common types of blogs?
- Start by Introducing Yourself.
- What’s Your Voice?
- Link to Your Social Pages.
- Proofread, proofread, proofread!
- Add Images, Video, and Interactive Content.
- Encourage Comments and Feedback.
- Don’t Rush – You Only Get to Post Your First Blog Entry Once!