Twitter is a micro-blogging experience that is used by a lot of people just to stay ahead of the curve.
At times, you might want to stop emails from it as well.
Stop Getting Emails from Twitter on Android
When you are using Twitter on your Android device, you would like to know if there is anything you can do from your mobile device itself. Perhaps using the Android app for Twitter?
- In this case, you will have to open your internet browser and go to ‘twitter.com’. Log-In to your account.
- Once inside, find the three dots on the top-right corner, and click on it to expand.
- You will be presented the mobile version of the site by default, so select here ‘Request Desktop Site’ (is available only on Google Chrome).
- Then, tap on your profile picture, and then tap on ‘Settings & Privacy’. Then, tap on ‘Email notifications’ over on the left panel.
- Then, tap on ‘Turn Off’ at the top of the page. That’s it and you are good to go.
Stop Getting Emails from Twitter on iPhone
When you are using your iOS device, whether iPad or iPhone, you have to repeat the above steps using your Safari browser, or whichever you use. The steps are the same.
- Twitter cannot make changes to its email preferences from their mobile site or app.
- You will have to go to their website and make the changes.
Stop Getting Emails from Twitter
Regardless of which email user you are, whether it is Gmail or Yahoo – https://www.yahoo.com/, you can unsubscribe from getting notifications via email on Twitter updates. It is an annoying experience for many people who are followed and have a huge influence.
- One thing you must read before doing anything is this (https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/updating-email-preferences/) article from Twitter help.
- It helps you understand that these emails can be adjusted and stopped totally if you wish from the settings in your profile.
- You shall have to make changes to your email preferences. For that, you have to be logged in and click on your profile, and then on settings.
- This is for the website version of Twitter. After you reach settings, you can check or uncheck the email preferences for notification, a set of boxes.
- Once done, click on ‘Save Changes’ and you are good to go.
You can stop receiving emails from Twitter by adding filters in your email client as well.