Firefox is one of the recommended Web browsers for both PC and smartphones. But every website has pop-ups that create hindrance while surfing the internet. So let’s discuss the ways to get rid of it. Removing pop-ups from Firefox is a very simple procedure and it can be done by the help of various software patches and third-party software.
Ways to Remove MyWay from Firefox
There are times when MyWay gets installed while installing the official setup of Mozilla Firefox. It becomes a huge hindrance while surfing the net as it suddenly opens in a new tab.
- First, the user needs to open the Firefox browser from the desktop icon.
- After the browser is open the user will find an icon on the upper right side with three horizontal lines. Click that.
- After clicking the icon, a drop-down menu will appear and then click the option tag. The user will get the preference menu.
- Then click the privacy & security icon which is on the far left side and there will be a permission icon. Click that and go to the further step.
- After clicking the permission icon, the user will see a box icon saying Block pop- up windows and disable MyWay as a primary search engine. Tick both the box and the pop-ups will be disabled as well as the primary search engine will become Google.
Using Adblock Plus
Sometimes there are pop-ups that open as another tab which creates a lot of problems. To stop this from happening, the user can install an ad blocker in the web browser.
- Open the browser and search Adblock Plus extension page.
- After the web page is open, there will an option for Add to Firefox. Click that and wait for the software to install in the browser.
- While installing the browser will require permission to install the third party software.
- The Adblock plus will be installed in your browser. The user needs to restart the browser.
- After this, the user can go in the Adblock settings and disable all the pop-ups.
Installing Firefox Focus
It is one of the free versions of Mozilla Firefox for all the Android smartphones and iPhone. This browser has a built-in ad blocker. This means that the browser does not need any kind of third-party software.
- Go to the play store for Android (download from here – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.focus&hl=en_US) and App store for iPhone (download from here – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firefox-focus-privacy-browser/id1055677337?mt=8) and install the Firefox Focus.
- After installation clicks the icon in the phones desktop to open the app.
- Sometimes it will need permission to access the storage and contacts. Give permission.
- Skip any ads if show. Keep in mind that ads are temporary.
- Browse peacefully as the user won’t have to worry about the pop-ups.
Blocking Pop-Ups Using Firefox Setting in iPhone
As the iPhone already has strong security, it is difficult to get any pop-ups but sometimes there are few pop-ups that pops on a different tab.
- First, click the Firefox icon and go to the bottom right corner.
- There will be three horizontal lines. Click that.
- After clicking the lines, the user will see the settings option.
- After clicking the settings option there will be options for Block pop-up Windows.
- Enable that icon and the pop-ups will be disabled.
Blocking Pop-Ups Using Firefox Setting in Android
As I told you that Firefox develops web browsers both for PC and smartphones, the developers left no loopholes to make the Android browser.
- To block the pop-ups in Android version, click the Firefox icon.
- Then type about: config in the search bar.
- In the about: config type “dom.disable_during_load” and click enter.
- Click the option “True”.
- Then click the option toggle. This will disable all the pop-ups in the browser.
CCleaner to Disable Pop-Up
CCleaner initially added an option to disable ads and pop-ups in the Firefox browser. CCleaner has been the best software to block any unwanted files on the computer.
- Install CCleaner and then signup.
- Go to settings and click to security.
- Then tick the pop-up box and close the software.
- If the browser is open, close it instantly.
- After that open the Firefox browser and check whether everything is working fine or not. If not then repeat the whole process again.
Adguard to Block Pop-Ups
Adguard is third-party software that helps to prevent pop-ups and ads. It even has all the features of anti-virus that make it great to use.
- Buy the software and download it. Install it with its recommended settings.
- After installation, the software will ask the user to make an account. After signing up the software is ready to run.
- At first, it will scan the whole system and check for any malware or virus.
- Then click the icon on the upper left side.
- Go to the setting option and then security. Click the pop-up block option and the browser will be free from any pop-ups.
- Keep in mind that pop-ups and ads will always be displayed if there is no security.
To prevent the pop-ups, try not to open any suspicious web sites.