If the space on your Mac or any iOS device is getting low, you can make use of the iCloud storage provided by Apple.
How to Store Photos on iCloud from Mac?
If you are running low on your storage or simply want to store a few or all photos on your iCloud, here’s how to get it done using a Mac.
- On your Mac device, launch the ‘Photos’ application and on the top left corner of your screen, open up the ‘Menu’ with the same name.
- In the menu, go to ‘Preferences’ and navigate through the options until you land on the iCloud tab.
- Click on the ‘iCloud’ tab and from the ‘Menu’; look for ‘iCloud Photo Library’.
- Clicking on the above header will lead to all pictures in your ‘Photos’ app to be uploaded to the iCloud storage.
How to Store Photos on iCloud from PC?
If you are a Windows user and still want to keep your pictures on iCloud rather than Google Photos or anywhere else, here’s what you need to do.
- From your PC download iCloud application for Windows – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283 and install the downloaded file by following the on-screen instructions.
- As soon as the file installs, it should open by itself. If it doesn’t, manually open the application and go to ‘Photos’.
- Under the ‘Photos’ header, go to ‘Options’ and click on it so that it takes you to the next set of options.
- From the new list, select ‘iCloud Photo Library’.
- In the dialogue box that appears, click on ‘Done’ and then apply the ‘Settings’.
How to Synchronize the Photos in All the Devices?
When you are using iCloud, you would want your media to be accessible from all your devices. To achieve that, here’s what you need to do.
- Open the ‘iCloud for Windows’ or ‘Mac’ device and go to the ‘Photos’ section by clicking on the option from the top left.
- In the ‘Photos Menu’, click on ‘Options’ and then select ‘iCloud Photo Library’.
- When you are finished, click on ‘Done’ and then click on ‘Apply’.
- After this, you will also be prompted with the message whether you want to turn on the iCloud Photos feature across all your devices.
- Click on the ‘Checkbox’ and that will be it. You can access the photo you just uploaded from a desktop through an alternative device with iCloud.
- In case you want to empty the iCloud storage, you can also download the images on your desktop and delete the photos individually from the photos library.
Just like photos, you can store other forms of media on iCloud as well including voice recordings, music, videos, and documents among other things.
How do I move my photos from my iPhone to iCloud?
- Go to Settings. This is the cog icon on your home screen.
- Select your name.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap Photos.
- Turn on iCloud Photos. Make sure the button next iCloud Photos is green.
- Select how you want to store your photos.
- Turn on Upload to My Photo Stream.
How do I save all my photos to iCloud?
Do photos stay on iCloud if deleted from iPhone?
Is iCloud good for photo storage?
Do photos stay on iCloud forever?
What are the disadvantages of using iCloud?
- Confusion – Confusion lies around photo backups.
- Storage Cost – You will get 5GB for free, but to utilise additional storage, you will need to pay.
- Can’t choose what images to sync – Like it not, it’s all or nothing!
- All Apple – These photos are all tied to Photos for iOs or Photos for Mac.
What is better iCloud or Google Drive?
Is iCloud worth paying for?
Should I use iCloud or not?
What is the point of iCloud?
What is so great about iCloud?
Your iPhone, iPad, and Macbook settings and backups can all be saved in iCloud. Having this kind of integration always makes it easier when using a set of devices that are part of the same tech ecosystem.
What happens if I turn iCloud photos off?
Will I lose photos if I turn off iCloud?
Can you delete photos on phone but keep on iCloud?
How do I recover permanently deleted photos from iCloud?
Are permanently deleted photos gone forever?
How can I recover permanently deleted photos from my iPhone after 30 days?
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Open iTunes.
- Select your iPhone.
- Click on the Restore Backup button.
- Select your backup and wait for the process to finish.