Subscribing on youtube means to follow someone’s channel so that you can get its videos as a part of recommended videos on the home page of youtube and also collect them at one place in the subscribed section.
Youtube not only shows you the videos from the subscribed channels, on your homepage but also shows trending videos there. But, the advantage of subscribing to someone’s channel is that you are notified whenever a new video is posted by that person or channel. You can also access all the videos of the subscribed channel in one place, and in this guide, you will learn where you can find these videos in one place and also how to subscribe to a youtube channel. We will describe steps for almost all platforms where youtube is supported.
How to subscribe youtube channel or user on PC and MAC
You might be wondering what is meant by subscribing to a youtube user. Yes, you can also post youtube videos without having your channel, in this case, youtube videos are identified by the username. Follow the steps below to subscribe to a youtube channel or user on PC or mac.
- Open the internet browser on your PC or MAC. The browser can be any but the Google Chrome browser is recommended for the youtube because it provides a much better youtube experience as compared to the other browsers.
- Inside internet browser, open youtube by going to youtube
- Make sure that you are log in to your youtube account. Actually, youtube account is nothing, but the same account which you have made for Gmail. So, if you are not login to youtube, you can use your Gmail account to login to youtube. In case, if you even don’t have a Gmail account, you can sign up for it quite easily and then perform this step.
- After logging in to your youtube account, search the name of the channel or user you want to subscribe. To search on youtube, use the search bar provided on the top of the youtube page. Press enter when you have entered the name of the channel or user.
- Youtube will search the typed channel and display the results accordingly.
- From the search results, click on the channel name or user name you want to subscribe to.
- The channel page will open. You can see a red button saying Subscribe. Click this button.
- Done! You have successfully subscribed to this youtube channel.
If you want to get notifications, click on the bell icon. Whenever a new video will be uploaded by this channel, you will be notified. If it asks your permission to receive emails about videos, you can also avail of this facility by allowing it.
How to subscribe youtube channel on Android, iPhone and iPad
Youtube is very quick in terms of upgrading its mobile app. Due to the regular updates, the Youtube app is the best video app so far. All the features which a user can enjoy using youtube on PC can avail of these features on mobile devices such as Android and iPhones via the youtube app.
Note: Before moving to the actual steps, make sure that you have the youtube app installed on your mobile device. If you don’t have the youtube app installed, you can download it by following the steps below.
- Go to google play store if you are on android and App store if you are on an iOS device.
- Type Youtube in the search bar and go.
- In the search result, tap on youtube.
- Tap on the install button. Wait for the download to complete and installation takes place after it.
Now, you are good to go for subscribing a youtube channel right from the app.
- Open the Youtube app on your mobile. It has the same icon for Android as well as iOS, so find the Youtube icon from apps panel and tap on it.
- Make sure that you are log in to your youtube account. Actually, the Youtube account is nothing, but the same account that you have made for Gmail. So, if you are not login to youtube, you can use your Gmail account to login to youtube. In case, if you even don’t have a Gmail account, you can sign up for it quite easily and then perform this step.
- When you are logged in to your account, tap the search icon. It looks like a magnifying glass.
- Type the name of the channel or the user, which you want to subscribe to and press the search icon to get results.
- From the search results tap the channel which you are looking for.
- Channel’s page will open where you can manage the channel subscription.
- Tap on the red button saying Subscribe.
- After tapping it, you will be subscribed to this channel.
- You can also tap on the bell icon so that, in the future, if this channel posts any video on their channel, you will get a notification about it. This helps to watch the channel content very first and avoid missing any video. But it can be annoying also, because if you have a large number of subscribed channels, then you will get a lot of notifications all the time. But the choice depends upon yours.
How to unsubscribe from youtube channel
Unsubscribing from a youtube channel is very easy and similar to subscribe to it. There is a difference of only a single step. So, let’s describe the step for PC and mobile.
Unsubscribe on youtube on android, iPhone and iPad
Open the channel page which you want to unsubscribe. You can search this channel in the subscriptions section of the mobile app or you can search it directly in the search bar and then tap on it from the search results.
The red button that is used to subscribe to the channel is currently saying unsubscribe because you are already its subscriber. So, tap this button and you have successfully unsubscribed from that channel.
Similarly, on PC and MAC, you can unsubscribe by going to youtube. Go to the channel page and click on “unsubscribe”. The button will turn red and again says Subscribe.