Facebook is one of the most popular social networking websites to share photos, videos, and also one’s ideas and thoughts. Tagging is a part and parcel of Facebook. It is an information to the other friends that you have mentioned them in a post. By tagging, you are letting people know that they are in the photos or the other things that you share on Facebook. The people whom you have tagged will instantly receive the notification so that they can check the post.
How to tag others on Facebook using your desktop computers?
If you are wondering how to tag someone on Facebook, then here are the few tips that you can try to get your friends and relatives tagged to your Facebook post.
‘Who are you with’ tagging feature
There are many elements that are offered by Facebook to add to your posts. It is not just plain writing or adding photos to your FB page. You can use different moods, stickers, request for recommendations and also add polls to your posts.
- Choose the Tag friends option offered by Facebook while posting.
- Once done, a new with box will show up below the post.
- Here, you can enter the names of the people who you are looking to tag or associate with the post.
- After entering the names, the post will add these names at the end of the post.
- This method allows you to tell the followers the details of the people who are with you at the time of posting.
- Tagging people using their photos
If you are looking to help others easily identify the people that you have tagged in a photo post, then you can use the tagging in photos option. The photos of the tagged friends will be added to the Photos of You’ option and thereby everyone will know who are all there in the photo by just moving the mouse over their faces.
- Open a photo on Facebook and if there is any face on that photo, there will be a show box added to the image when the mouse moves over the photo.
- All you need to do is to click on the text field and enter the name of the person that you would like to tag for the post.
- Tagging friends on a status update
- Friends can be tagged whenever you change your status or update it on Facebook. It is done by keying the @symbol followed by the name of the person you like to tag.
- As you keep typing the name, you will find the updates to show the best match for the text you are entering.
- If the name that you want to type and the automatically updated name are the same, just click on it to get it auto-filled in the text field.
- Once the name that you have clicked is highlighted in blue, it means that the tagging of the person in your post is over.
- Tagging people on Facebook using mobile
It is the day and age of mobile phones. People these days visit their Facebook account on their mobiles as they get access it anywhere on the go. If you are new to using Facebook on mobile and want to know how to tag people to your posts, then check out this step by step guide.
Install and open Facebook app
- Open the Facebook app installed on your mobile. If you do not have one, then go to the Google
- Play Store app on your phone. In the search option, type Facebook and click on the link that is seen on the search result. Or directly click here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.katana&hl=en_US for Download in your Android Phone or https://apps.apple.com/us/app/facebook/id284882215 if you using iOS.
- Tap on the install option seen on Facebook app and allow the app to get downloaded and installed on the device.
- After the installation, you will find the Facebook app in the apps section or on the home screen. Tap on it to start the Facebook on your mobile.
- As you are using it for the first time on your phone, you should sign up with your Facebook username and password.
How to tag someone in a picture on Facebook app?
- Tap on the image that you would like tag people. It can be chosen from your timeline or even from any other person’s timeline.
- There will be an icon in the shape of a shopping bag in blue color on top of the screen. Tap on it.
- Now, tap on the chosen photo and there will be a text field that will show up on top of the person’s image.
- Type the name of the person in the text field and when done the person will be tagged in the photo.
- After this, just click on the X button seen on the left top corner to complete the task.
The tagged person will receive a notification of this tagged photo instantly.
Tagging a person in a post
- To start a new post, you need to tap on the status update at the top of the timeline. It will ask you whether you want to share an update or ask for what’s on your mind.
- There is a blue colored silhouette option seen at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it to tag people to the post that you are going to add to your Facebook timeline.
- To add another person’s name in the post, you can just press the’ Who are you with’ option on top of the screen.
- There will be certain suggestions that come up on the screen. Tap on the person who you would like to tag. If not, type their name to get auto-suggestions of the names. Choose the intended person and tap on their name.
- If you want to tag more people to the post, the type the names of other people similarly or along with the first name option by putting a comma between the names.
- After this, tap on the ‘Next’ option on the Android phone or the ‘Done’ option on the iOS devices.
After the tagging is over, you just need to write the post that you would like to share with your friends and the tagged people and finally post it in your timeline.
How do I tag someone in a Facebook post?
What is the tag symbol on Facebook?
Where is the tag button on Facebook?
When you tag someone on Facebook who can see it?
The audience selected by the person who made the post. The audience you indicate in your Profile and Tagging settings. You can choose to automatically add your friends, select specific friends or not add anyone to the audience of the post you‘re tagged in.
Can you secretly tag someone on Facebook?
What happens if someone tags you on Facebook?
Why can’t people tag me on Facebook?
Why can’t I see tags on Facebook?
You may have turned on your Timeline review, which means that the posts you’ve tagged will not appear in your Timeline right away, but will be reviewed first by you.
How can you tell if someone Untags you on Facebook?
Will someone know if I remove tag on Facebook?
Why can I not remove tag on Facebook?
Is it rude to untag yourself on Facebook?
What happens when you remove tag in Facebook?
Will someone be notified if I remove tag?
Why would someone untag themselves?
Why would someone tag themselves in my photo?
What does untag mean?
How do I untag myself from an ex on Facebook?
Ads by Google