It is important to take good care of your latest tattoo. The important step is to speed up the healing process and prevent it from any kind of infection.
If it is not taken care, it may not only damage the tattoo but also a risk for a skin infection and affect the skin. One must be careful while getting a tattoo and take proper care afterward until it has healed.
Rest the Bandage
- Rest the bandage for at least an hour.
- It should not be kept for greater than 5 hours.
- Before rebandaging consult an expert or someone having knowledge of it. The first two weeks are important after having a tattoo done.
Rise with Soap
- After removing the bandage, make sure to rinse it in hot water and a mild, unscented, liquid soap.
- When using the liquid soap, make sure that it is clean as even dirty soaps can cause some sorts of infections.
Let it Dry
- Let it free and dry for some time and make sure to pat for some time, say an hour.
- You have to let it be completely dry before you apply the aftercare.
- Apply a small layer of the cream prescribed for a tattoo.
- It is recommended not to use a lot of it as it contains a high amount of petroleum.
- It is important to have a fragrance free lotion as others may have little additives that may cause irritation on the skin.
- For healthy healing, it is important that the skin receives a sufficient amount of air and can breathe.
- This helps to avoid pores to clog.
Take proper care of your tattoo by cleaning it with water and soap. This helps in healing.
Let it come off
- The healing process is also dependent on how your tattoo looks and so the above-mentioned steps have to be repeated for around two weeks.
- After a few days, it will come off like sunburn.
- There may even be scabs on few areas but let those things come off automatically.
- Don’t touch or pick any of the parts. Also, take care that you don’t oversaturated them in the shower.
- This may result in its softening and can cause more skin damage, leaving blank spots on your tattoo.
Avoid Contact with the Sun and Other External Factors
While healing of tattoo occurs, one must take proper care and avoid going in the direct contact of the sun, swimming pools, jacuzzis, ocean or any kind of soaking into the water.
- Once that tattoo has been healed, apply sunblock on it to keep it look shiny and new.
- Make sure that you buy only those sunblocks that have been certified for use on the skin depending on your condition.
- Using the wrong sunblocks can cause infections.
Take Care Regularly
- It is very important to look after your skin.
- Your skin is like a glass on which you have a picture. So take good care of your skin and the tattoo as well.
Visit the Tattoo Artist
- The healing occurs in about two weeks.
- After that you may visit your artist once, to get checked if your tattoo needs some kind of touch up. This may have a nominal fee or may be a part of the original fee that you pay.
- Thus, in this way you can take good care of your tattoo, speeding up the healing process and minimizing any damage to your skin. Enjoy your tattoo and flaunt it to glory, but remember to take care regularly.
What to avoid after getting a tattoo?
- cover your tattoo with sunblock until it’s fully healed.
- scratch or pick at the tattoo.
- wear tight clothing over the tattoo.
- go swimming or immerse your body in water (showers are fine)
How long do you have to take care of a tattoo?
Do and don’ts after tattoo?
How often should I moisturize my new tattoo?
What happens if I don’t moisturize my tattoo?
Can I put Vaseline on my tattoo?
How can I make my tattoo heal faster?
- Wear sunscreen. Sunlight can cause your tattoo to fade, and fresh tattoos are especially sensitive to the sun.
- Don’t re-bandage after you take off the initial dressing.
- Clean daily.
- Apply ointment.
- Don’t scratch or pick.
- Avoid scented products.
How do you shower with a tattoo?
Can I put coconut oil on my tattoo?
Can I shower the same day I get a tattoo?
Should I cover my tattoo at night?
What is a tattoo blowout?
Can I wash my hair with a fresh tattoo?
How do you sleep with a new tattoo?
Can my hair touch my new tattoo?
When should I stop washing my tattoo?
Ads by Google