How to Tell if Your Girlfriend is Texting Another Guy
Picture a scenario where you and your girlfriend are having dinner. Suddenly there is a beep on her phone. You try to play it off because you think it is normal but her behaviors start to change. You ask her who was it but she turns the question down. This, my friend, is something that should concern you. Your loving girlfriend might be texting someone else.
- A Different Laugh
She has a very distinct laughing style. At a particular time of the day when she is receiving texts, her laughs are different. A sudden and a distinct change in the laughing pattern strongly suggest that she is seeing someone new.
- There is a certain unusual change in her behavior.
- Her expressions are likely to change when you ask her about it.
- She does not respond to your humor like she used to.
- Game of Hiding Texts
There was a time when she used to open up about herself with you. Now, every time you ask her to see her phone, she responds bitterly. If she is trying to hide the mobile screen from you for every text that she is receiving, it is justifiable for you to doubt her.
- She would try to change the angle of the mobile screen.
- She would try to mute the notifications from texting applications.
- In some cases, she would be responding to the texts frequently.
- She would act frustrated if she does not get a chance to reply back.
- Low Response
She used to laugh at every single joke that you used to break. If you are talking with her now, she would not even mind to give you attention, so, she would try to shrug your words as if it means nothing to her.
- She is less likely to respond to your texts.
- She would be unmoved by your words.
- A specific resting face would be the only gesture that she would show to you.
- Her behaviors would vibe negatively with you.
- Holding on to Her Phone
Her phone would be like a treasure. She would keep it very protectively. Neither she wants you to touch or nor does she wants you to comment about it. She would hold on to her phone as if it were like life support.
- Her obsession with her phone would be quite evident.
- This might not lead to something if she was already attached to her handheld device. You need to notice if she acts differently or not when you comment about it.
- She would show signs of aggression when you take her phone away from her.
- Change in Behavioral Patterns (Mild)
You would feel this one. Her body languages would be different. The way that she used to be around you would have changed by now. You might have been feeling this shift of character, but you could do nothing. The trust has let you down.
- She would try to ignore you as much as possible.
- Her social life would mean more to her than spending time with you.
- She would respond more to her social friends.
- Her phone would mean everything to her.
- Change in Behavioral Patterns (Strong)
This point had to be sub-categorized into two parts. Her change in behavior could be, mild and this does not indicate anything. If her behavioral Patterns have changed drastically, then you should be concerned.
- She would leave the room to text someone.
- She would skip her daily activities just to text someone.
- Maybe, she would be bothered by your presence when she is texting someone.
- The excitement on her face is less when you are with her compared to the times she is online, texting someone.
- A Very Anxious Person
She would be a completely different person. There are chances that she would act anxiously when you take her phone away from her. She would also respond to you very aggressively when you try to comment about it.
- There would be frustration in her face when you try and talk to her about her mobile addiction.
- She would bring up trust issues while having arguments but would not reveal who she is talking to.
- When confronted about it, she would respond either with the feeling of irritation or the feeling of anger.
- She would be very defensive when you try and ask for the person’s name.
- Having Trust Issues
Trust is the major component of a relationship. Yet the very trust that you built your relationship upon is being questioned. She would not reveal to you about the person that she is texting. She would shrug it off saying that it is her private life.
- Your girlfriend is most likely to password protect her phone.
- She would be unwilling to share the password with you all though you have done yours with her.
- She would try to hide messages from you or would have the whole notification disabled.
- Even when the phone does not beep, she would keep checking it.
- Using the Technology
Muting a mobile application is very easy, and it is convenient too. People do have their reasons for putting their phone in silent mode, and this does not justify any cheating behavior. The main problem arises when they start using different applications to hide something.
- Your girlfriend would have an application installed for hiding texts.
- It is most likely that her gallery would be locked.
- She would have a different password for every mobile application.
- Would not be willing to share all of them with you.
- She has Started to Become Happier
It is not a bad thing seeing your girlfriend be happy, but the problem is that she would not reveal the reason for her happiness. She has started keeping secrets from you. You want her to be happy always, but then again you would also want to know the reason for her happiness.
- She would not reveal to you the person that she is texting.
- She would smile occasionally while texting someone.
- Your girlfriend would seem happier all of a sudden but is unwilling to tell you the reason.
- She would not want you to talk about her private matters.
- The Decrease in Love
Remember the times when everything used to be cherry and honey? Now, she does not even want to talk to you. You would feel like you have done something wrong, but she would not tell you exactly what it is. In addition to this, she would stick to her phone rather than making conversations with you.
- She would give you the resting face for your responses.
- The way that she used to reply to you would have changed drastically.
- She would start up fights for small reasons.
- Your girlfriend would stop having that communication that you used to have.
- She would not be excited or happy as she is online even when you give her presents or simply your presence.
- Un-Necessary Fights
In addition to the fact that you guys love each other less, you would end up fighting with her unnecessarily, and she would try and argue with you about every small thing that she could think of.
- Her phone would mean everything to her, and she would rather make conversations online than talk to you in person.
- She would argue about it with you when you bring up the fact that she is using her phone more than she should be.
- She would try to blame you for everything that is going wrong in her life but suddenly change her mood and start texting someone else online.
- Protective Nature
When you are in a relationship, the least that you could expect is that the person that you are going out with should be very open to you. You would know that the things have taken a nasty turn when she would start getting protective about her online friend.
- She would try and defend the online friend when any topic is brought up about him.
- She would not mention his name. Would refer to him as a friend.
- When you would question her about this, she would tell you to mind your business.
- She would try and ignore the conversation when it is about the person that she has been talking to online.
- Try and communicate with her friends about this. Her friends would know her better but when you are doing this try and make sure that she would remain unaware of this. If she gets to know, then it would only fuel things between you.
- Confront her face to face. Tell her how you feel about the situation. Do not try and pressure her but just let your feelings flow. If she is willing to understand, then she would.
You can give yourself a break from this, and if she loved you, she would come back. Love should be mutual. If it is not working on the other side, you should not force yourself.
What should I do if my girlfriend is texting another guy?
What does it mean when your girlfriend is texting another guy?
Should I be worried if my girlfriend is talking to another guy?
Is texting a girl cheating?
Is flirty texting cheating?
Is sending X’s flirting?
Is texting ex cheating?
Is flirting with ex cheating?
What are the signs of cheating?
- Improved appearance.
- Secretive phone or computer use.
- Periods where your significant other is unreachable.
- Significantly less, or more, or different relationship in your relationship.
- Your partner is hostile toward you and your relationship.
- An altered schedule.