All TV services, as well as TV models, support closed captioning, almost by default.
AT&T, as one of the biggest companies in this industry, supports closed captioning as well.
Keep on reading if you want to learn how to turn off closed captions on DirecTV.
1. Hide/Show Closed Captions on DirecTV
To disable closed captions on AT&T’s streaming service, DirecTV Now, you need to follow the next steps:
- Sign in on your DirecTV Now account;
- Open the settings mode;
- Find the Captioning section;
- Select Edit;
- First, choose the language and then choose View Style;
- Save Changes.
If you are a Chromecast user, and you want to cast content featuring closed captions from your smartphone or tablet to your TV, you need to toggle the screen. That is necessary to see the captions displayed on the TV.
To toggle captions on AT&T’s satellite TV service DirecTV, you need to follow these steps:
- Find the information button on your remote control and press it.
- Browse the menu and find the CC option.
- Select “Closed Captioning.”
While you are at it, know that DirecTV offers its subtitle system. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with some television service providers. That is the main reason why closed captions are still an option.
2. How to turn off Closed Captions from a Computer?
DirecTV allows its users to access settings from their PC. But to do so, you need to sign in to your DirecTV Now account. After that, press the gear icon. In case you are using their mobile app, there is an extra step that includes entering the preference settings afterward.
Know that DirecTV recommends you do so while using the Apple Safari or the Google Chrome browser. You might come across some issues if you are using a different browser, unlike these browsers that allow you to enter any of their settings.
The main menu includes the following options:
- Account Settings
- Player Options
- About the Account
Each of them can be used to customize your DirecTV further. Here’s a brief overview of the available options, along with how to customize closed captions, as well as how to turn them off:
- Streaming Quality is an option that lets you play with the video resolution. The user can choose between good, better, and best. The “good option” is only for smartphones.
- If the “Play Live TV on Launch” option is activated, every time the user starts watching, the first channel to appear will be the one that he had watched before stopping the TV.
- The option “Stream With Data” allows the user to stream with DirecTV while on a mobile network, and not on Wi-Fi.
- The “autoplay Next Episode” is pretty much self-explanatory as it allows you to automatically watch the next episode of the TV shows you are watching, right after the current one ends. It is the ultimate mode for binge-watching TV shows.
- The “Mute Audio on Launch” will mute whatever appears on startup.
- The “Audio Language” feature is not always available. But when it is, the user can choose one of the given speech-languages.
- In the general settings, you can choose to disable or enable parental control.
- The About section is for those that want to know more about the terms & conditions and how they relate to the user, as well as to the provider.
- Last but not least comes “Captioning.” From there, you can customize your closed captions according to your preferences. You can choose between type, color, size, or font. Otherwise, you can switch them off.